BOT Double Emailing

Hello Everyone,

I have an action an employee triggers when they have completed an inspection. Then I have a BOT that sends the supervisor an email for final approval once the employee triggers that action. The BOT is supposed to email the supervisor and the action for the supervisor to approve sets a time in the [complete] column to indicate the inspection is now completed. 

The trouble is that my BOT is set on 'updates' with the following formula in condition. Even though I have the UTC set to literally 1 second, it still triggers the 2nd (duplicate and unnecessary) email.  Does anyone have an idea to work around this and avoid the 2nd email from going out?

or((and(([_thisrow].[ready_for_approval]="YES"),
(isblank([_thisrow].[complete])))),
(UTCNOW()<[complete]+โ€œ000:0:01"))

Solved Solved
1 3 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand correctly, you can use [_thisRow_Before].[ready_for_approval]<>[_thisRow_After].[ready_for_approval] as your condition to only run the bot when the [ready_for_approval] column is updated. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If I understand correctly, you can use [_thisRow_Before].[ready_for_approval]<>[_thisRow_After].[ready_for_approval] as your condition to only run the bot when the [ready_for_approval] column is updated. 

That worked! I'm very new at AppSheet and very grateful for your help. Thank you so much. I appreciate you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy to help!

Top Labels in this Space