Generated pdf templete using data from multiple tables

Hi, is it possible to get data from multiple tables when editing a generated pdf templete?

For example, i build a bot for table A to generate pdf templete, and in the templete, i want to get data from another table B which do not have any reference relationships between the two tables.

thanks ahead...

Solved Solved
0 7 143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you don't know the company, how do you know which record the formula should read? If the Bot needs to generate the PDF dynamically, you need to know it somehow. Though it doesn't need to have any relationship.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes you can read from whatever table. Please explain your case with more details.

Well, i got three tables here: Receiving, Receiving log, and Company info.

Receiving is the father table of Receiving log, Company table is just the third table which storing company information.

What i am doing is in Receiving table, build a bot to generate pdf, and pull data from Receiving and Receiving log which works well now. I would also like to pull some company information from company table, put them into the pdf as well. How can i do this?

Thank you! 

I assume the Recriving table contains the Company ID. Then you can read data from that row with the <<LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Company ID],Companies,ID,ColumnName)>>

Unfortunately, the company table is actually a single table that do not have any relationships or value that can been looked up from Receiving table. There is no company id in Receiving table. Just want to pull company name, address etc. from company table, and put them into the pdf which generated in Receiving table bot. Is it possible to do that?

If you don't know the company, how do you know which record the formula should read? If the Bot needs to generate the PDF dynamically, you need to know it somehow. Though it doesn't need to have any relationship.

I've made it finally, by following your instructions. Thanks bro.

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space