How to display a list of student when i choose their class then i able to key in their mark in ap

i wish to display a list of student when i choose their class then i able to key in their mark in appsheet.

I can choose the class now, but the list of student not displayed. Anyone can help?

0 6 103
6 REPLIES 6

Hello there,

You should have a "Class" and a "Student" table, the Student table should have a REF column linking it to the "Class" table.

If you're trying to populate a third table like "Mark" you're gonna need to have a REF column to the "Classes" table for you to select the class (which seems you have already done)

In that table you'll also need a REF column to the students table, this is where you'll choose the student, and you can use a very easy expression like this on the "valid if" field of your studentREF column so you can populate the dropdown for this column so you can pick from a student from the class you just selected:

[classREF].[Related Students]

And that's all there is to it, this is assuming all my assumptions are correct, feel free to correct me on any of them and we can work on a solution that fits your use case.

How if after select the class then display a list of the name then I key in their mark in a page but not one by one.

Example:

Select Year 1

Then, display then name as below then I can key in their marks one go.

1. Andy      79

2. Many     80

3. Cindy     90

Another solution without the Ref is to add an action button to your Class view. You could then use LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() to find those students. Then it won't create the virtual list column to your Class table.

Actually I need the app able to display the whole list of the class I selected

Like below:

Select Year 1

Then, display then name as below then I can key in their marks one go.

1. Andy      79

2. Many     80

3. Cindy     90

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("YourViewName",[Class]=[_THISROW].[Class]) should do the job.

Ok. I will try it later.  Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space