AppSheet App Jam: Formatting Sheets for AppSheet, Sharing Apps, and General Troubleshooting

Published on ‎02-07-2024 06:20 PM by Community Manager

Join our next AppSheet App Jam, where we'll be taking you through essential AppSheet app creator best practices, focused on:

• How to best format your spreadsheet data for your AppSheet app
  • How to publish and share apps to different audiences
  • Addressing common questions and troubleshooting tips

As always, we’ll have time for live Q&A, so bring your questions! 

Register Today

Please complete this form to register for the event. Once registered, you'll receive a calendar invite via email. Even if you can't make it live, register and we'll send you a link to the recording. 

Thank you - we hope to see you there!

Featured Guests

Staff

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, Feb 28, 2024 10:00 AM PST
End:
Wed, Feb 28, 2024 11:00 AM PST
16 Comments
jack_sprat
Staff

Why am I unable to install Duet AI for App Sheet?  From what I understand with the videos I've seen, this tool allows users to chat via GVC to this AI and explain what they want to build.  Then the tool would build the basic schema for the app.  For some reason I'm unable to access this, why?  It appears greyed out.

Logistics2020
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi, how do I pull usage reporting?

nonofyourbusine
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

As a Configuration/Environments Manager in the organization, I would like that the AppSheet could have a simple, yet powerful visualization of a Gantt Chart.
Nothing exists atm., and the only demo app with something remotely similar, triggers an API to render a static image.
Given the fact that there are millions of code examples and even Alphabet surely uses Gantt charts in their daily operations or projects, when can we expect such valid functionality in Appsheet?
Thank you

gaurav74
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I learned how to create an app over the weekend on Appsheet. My current curiosity is to understand models/billing/subscription models available to design my apps accordingly.

e.g. model 1 could be where data is private to each user so the data source is separate for each user. each user who logs in will have their own google sheet. 

model 2 could be where data source is same but through security filter we could restrict users view/edit/delete

model 3 could be where some data like product catalog is visible to all but transactions are private.

Need an understanding of design, architecture, and billing perspective. 

nehuenlihue
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi! Question in advance, could you share us if is possible sell a custom app made from AppSheet to 3rd party companies? I'm developing a custom mobile app and I'd like to know which are the ways to sell it through App Store or Play Store, or directly like a package. 

Thanks!

Scott_Nesbitt
Silver 2
Silver 2

Would love to see examples of apps using localization and apps using the AppSheet API to read/update data.

CamiloRodAguirr
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

A question in advanced , how do i configure an app so that in the future i can sell it to multpile different companies for their use. And how does the plan i have  affect this.

JoNi1985
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Excited to learn more about

IbrahimR196
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

first time make App Sheet want learn more thank you 

HAGRG
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Good!!

mgiallourakis
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Very excited about this!

Sukanta
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Excited to learn more about AppSheet! 

hmh740070
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Good

Steven_Tibbs
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Excited to learn more about AppSheet! 

Looking forward to it! @Steven_Tibbs. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in particular. 

Well my next task is I need to build out invoicing, so anything covering that and how to plug it all together would be helpful for me. I'm also interested in how AppSheet connects with things like Quickbooks and the use cases for that.