Locked out of Workspace Domain- Can't Respond to Help Tickets Online

jmw572

I am trying to upgrade to Google Education. 

I escalated this issue to Anotonio at Google Support. 

He issued me the following guidance. 

Upon reviewing your account, it's apparent that you are currently subscribed to Google Workspace Essentials. While transitioning to Business Starter is currently not feasible, the option to switch remains available. This process involves canceling and deleting your current account, followed by subscribing to the Business Starter plan. After transitioning to Business Starter, your next step is to enroll your account for Google Workspace for Education. During this process, our Education team will review your application, and upon approval, you will be seamlessly switched to Google Workspace for Education.

Let me guide you through the process:

Step 1: Cancel your subscription.

1. Access your Admin console.
2. Navigate to Billing > Subscriptions in the left panel menu.
3. Select Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials.
4. Click on More.
5. Choose Cancel subscription > Cancel subscription.

You may also refer to the article below on how to cancel a subscription:
Cancel Essentials

Step 2: Delete your account.

1. Access your Admin console.
2. Navigate to Account > Account settings in the left panel menu.
3. Go to Account management.
4. Click Delete account. 

You may also refer to the article below on how to delete a Google Workspace account:
Delete your organization's Google Account

Note:
Once you have deleted your account, please expect the following:

• You’ll be signed out of the Admin console.
  • You can no longer sign in to Google services with your administrator account.
  • You can no longer sign in to the Admin console to access information like billing records.
  • All your user accounts, groups, and organizational units will be deleted and can’t be restored.
  • You can sign up your domain for another Google Account within 24 hours.

Step 3: Sign up for Google Workspace.

Please refer to this link, which will redirect you to the signup page. Additionally, you may refer to the article below for more details: Business editions ​​​​​​​

Step 4: Verify your domain ownership.

You may refer to this link for instructions on how to verify your domain ownership. 

After successfully creating a Google Workspace account with a Business Starter subscription, please refer to this link to get started with Google Workspace for Education. Please note that it will take days for our Education team to review your request. They will keep in touch once they have the result.

Once you are verified for Google Workspace for Education, you can commence provisioning your Chromebook devices. However, before that, you need to purchase licenses through your local reseller. 

I hope these steps will help you to upgrade your service to Google Workspace for Education. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Please note that in case we do not receive a response from you for 24-48 hours during the Escalation, we’ll be removing the Escalation Tagging from the case. We look forward to hearing from you!

I have got as far as step 3 but get the error:

This domain name is already in use. If you own this domain and would like to use Google Workspace, please follow the steps. 

I follow the steps and end up unable to contact Google Support as my email is blocked or the support email won't accept my emails....who knows. 

I am in desperate need of help here as we have 30 licenses attributed to this domain. 

Please can someone contact me for support as a matter of urgency. 

0 0 170
0 REPLIES 0