A New AppSheet Customer Support Experience

Hello AppSheet Community,

tl;dr Starting on December 1, 2022, the AppSheet team will provide a new support experience at support.google.com/appsheet. All current support sites will be redirected. No action is required from the app creatorsโ€™ side.

Update (4/3/2023): Starting on April 3, 2023, the AppSheet team will provide 24/7 chat and Email support from previously 18/7. 

AppSheet has been using an interim support team to provide support in the past few years. We are transitioning to a dedicated AppSheet support team to provide improved support quality over the long term, offer a richer support experience with live Chat, and better escalate user feedback.

Starting on December 1, 2022, you will have a new support experience directly from the AppSheet Help Center at: support.google.com/appsheet. The current customer support page will redirect to the new support experience. No action is required from app creatorsโ€™ side. 

Whatโ€™s new

In the new support experience, when you navigate to the AppSheet Help Center, you will see a new banner at the footer of the page.

devingu_0-1668610460595.png

You can interact directly with the AppSheet Customer Support team by sending an email or a live Chat message, and an agent will respond to you soon. Email support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and live Chat is available between the hours of 8:30 PM and 2:30 PM PT (the next day), 7 days a week.

Update (4/3/2023): Starting on April 3, 2023, the AppSheet team will provide 24/7 chat and Email support from previously 18/7. 

devingu_1-1668610494040.png

We look forward to supporting you and please feel free to reply in this thread if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Devin and the AppSheet Team

14 56 8,384
56 REPLIES 56

Thanks a lot Takuya. We were trying to make the title of Email humanly readable (like what you've shown here) and may accidentally removed the ticket number. 

I will chat with our team next Monday to bring this back ASAP. Thanks a lot for the screenshots!!!

Hey takuya, I asked my colleagues and it should be temporary just for the ticket that you took a screenshot with. Have you opened a new ticket and still encountered the issue? If so, please let me know. We will dig a bit deeper!

Edit: also it looks like the ticket without case id is a chat history request. In this case, case id will not be shown on the Email title. 

Hi @devingu 

Thanks for checking.

It is not exceptional.
The three emails, Feb10 and Feb11, are both on different topics.
I wasn't sure which ticket the Feb10 email was about, so I checked the case number and they used the case number as the subject line.

Snag_198d408c.png

โ€ƒ

Recently I had an operation to send my history via email after I finished Chat. It has since led to this email reply.

Especially the most recent Feb11 email, I have no idea what the reply is in response to my inquiry about, as there is no case number in the body of the email, nor any inquiry details.

Snag_198d777a.png

โ€ƒ

Hi @devingu 

Also I may be mistaken, but I believe that in the past, all inquiries from Chat were assigned a case number, regardless of whether or not the history was emailed.

In any case, I am hoping that the replies will indicate which inquiry is being addressed. The support staff replies frequently, so it would be a waste to have no information about which issues they are responding to.

@takuya_miyai wrote:

in the past, all inquiries from Chat were assigned a case number, regardless of whether or not the history was emailed

I'm not sure whether you're referencing prior to or since the new support experience. At least since that new experience was launched, there's be no case number in the emailed chat history. For example, the following is from 12/30/2022.

@dbaum wrote:

An improvement would be to make the email subject less generic than the current "Requested conversation copy"--for both the chat log and the subsequent email follow-up from appsheet-help@google.com.

Hi @dbaum 

I feel that the result depends on whether or not the user emails the Chat history at the end of the Chat.

My guess is that if the user chooses to email the Chat history, the activity history is recorded in the support system with the subject line Requested Conversation copy.
I believe that the flow is such that the support representative responds to that, which may be leading to this event.

@devingu 

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for hopping in, @devingu

Hi, @devingu. Here's an additional idea/request. It would be very helpful to be able to reference in a tab in my AppSheet account's "My Account" page a list of support cases--or, at least, the open ones. At least the same information like in the following screenshot that's available re (at least some?) existing open cases when submitting a new case--i.e., case ID, Description, last active date. Maybe you could even make that info available among the other Manage Your Team data accessible via API.

dbaum_0-1678408923992.png

After submitting a ticket, there is no way to determine what the ticket is about. I just received a response on a ticket asking me to please check the issue on my end whether or not it is still there. As I have more than one ticket open, I don't even know what issue is being referred to! Seems like the email thread should contain the original text of the ticket, no?

We all on same boat ๐Ÿซ‚

IMG_2942.PNG

โ€ƒ

And have been for months.

Want to make some updates here. 

We've made some changes on this. Going forward you should be able to see your ticket context (the information you submitted with initially) in the first "human" reply. Please let me know if it works for you now. The change should be implemented starting tomorrow. 

Ack, let me ask my colleagues and see what we can do!

Marc_Dillon_0-1680546376012.png

What does this mean?

Do you need our agents troubleshoot the issue by accessing your app. Is this confusing? we can make some changes to clarify this. 
The motivation for this is to prompt our users to complete these steps so our agents can jump right in to help them instead of redundantly asking for access. 

I obviously found it confusing.

I think it might be a hard thing for someone to know how to answer. Like, how can they know what needs to be done to solve their problem? Plus you have it marked as required. So it causes a bit of anxiety you know, like will I not get the right kind of support if I pick the wrong option?

In my mind, a better way may be to ask "have you enabled support access for your account/app?", with the instructions linked on how to do so.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will try to rephrase it to make to clear!