Announcing: AI-assisted app creation with Gemini in AppSheet!

You heard it first at Next ‘24! We’re coming out with our in-product AI-assisted app creation with Gemini in AppSheet. Today, we are excited to share with you, our AppSheet community, that the rollout has begun!

What is it?

Using Gemini in AppSheet, Creators can get a jump on building apps and it’s a great tool for helping new AppSheet users get started creating their first app. 

bUntitled.gif

AI-assisted app creation takes an idea and turns it into an AppSheet solution. Just describe a business process in natural language, like “I manage a mailroom and I need to keep track of incoming packages and send notifications for people to pick them up” or “I want to be able to keep track of all sales from my homemade cookies.”  You’ll get back a suggested data schema with tables and columns. From there, we'll create a working app for you, complete with basic views and actions.

Last year, we launched Gemini in AppSheet as a Chat app for Google Workspace customers.  This year, we’re embedding the experience right inside the AppSheet surface so you won’t need Google Chat and licensed AppSheet creators will be able to use it, too.

You’ll find Gemini in AppSheet from the Create menu on your My Apps page in AppSheet.com under Create > App > Start with Gemini. Learn more about creating apps using Gemini in AppSheet.

When will it be available?

Some of you already have it!  AI-assisted app creation will be available to accounts with paid AppSheet licenses, including those with AppSheet Core entitlements through their Workspace licenses. But this feature is being released in waves. The rollout started last week and will continue over the next few months as controls are made available for AppSheet admins to manage the use of Gemini in AppSheet.  This means that you may not see the feature until the entire rollout is complete.

We’re happy we can share Gemini in AppSheet with more of the AppSheet community and can’t wait to see what you build with it!

-The Google AppSheet Team

16 13 1,836
13 REPLIES 13

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@goannsplain wrote:

This year, we’re embedding the experience right inside the AppSheet surface so you won’t need Google Chat and licensed AppSheet creators will be able to use it, too.

Super great job, AppSheet Team! 

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@goannsplain Does this feature require to get the licence described here: Gemini for Google Workspace | Gen AI Tools for Business

such as Gemini Business or Gemini Enterprise?

Hi, Aurelien! No, the AI-assisted app creation with Gemini in AppSheet feature does not require an additional licensing.  It is included as part of your paid AppSheet license:  AppSheet Publisher Pro, AppSheet Core, AppSheet Starter, AppSheet Enterprise Standard, AppSheet Enterprise Plus, or a Workspace enterprise license. For details, see Google Workspace editions that include AppSheet Core.

Super great! Thanks for the information @goannsplain  😁

Eagier to try this. Cool for simple apps and new users/creators. Can be awesome if it can stay consistant with complexity

Love seeing more of the AI world colliding with AppSheet, good job to the AppSheet product team lowering the barrier of entry more and more on an already extremely beginner friendly platform.

QREW/AppSheetTraining had an awesome opportunity of @Stefan_QREW interviewing   @goannsplain over this topic live at NEXT!

https://youtu.be/E4bMLXhNST8

Will we see Gemini features become available for existing apps? It would be great if we had more ways to interact with Gemini.

At Next '24, we announced a feature that will coming soon for AI data extraction.  That's a feature that creators can add to their existing apps!  If you didn't see our session at Next, you can check out the announcement here: https://youtu.be/GwadX9Ol7SU?feature=shared&t=1107.

Or read more about our other feature announcements in our Cloud Next 2024 Wrap-up.

Hi @goannsplain 

One of the accounts I have has activated this great feature and I am trying it out.🤩

Please point out if my understanding is incorrect, but as of now, the app is being created on the first request only.

For example, here is the case.

1. I am trying to create an SFA app and requested to create Account, Contact, Opportunity, and Activity tables.

2. The app was suggested to create an app with the four requested tables. So far so good.

3. However, I want a Subject column in Activity, so I selected Start Over and commented to have that item added.

4. Then it suggested an app with only the Activity table remaining.

Thus, it appears that even if I want to modify only part of what was suggested, I need to request it again from the beginning.

Snag_2fced69.png

If there is a way prepared at this stage to do Chat communication that would correct only a part of it, please let me know.🙏

Thanks for your feedback!  The AI-assisted app creation feature is limited to a single prompt right now but in the near future you'll be able to manually modify your data schema before the schema and the app are created so you won't need to start over with a new prompt.  Stay tuned!

when do i get this? It says its not available for me yet?

The rollout just started a few weeks ago and will continue over the next few months as controls are made available for AppSheet admins to manage the use of Gemini in AppSheet.

When it is fully rolled out, Gemini in AppSheet for app creation will be available to those with paid AppSheet licenses, like AppSheet Publisher Pro, AppSheet Core, AppSheet Starter, AppSheet Enterprise Standard, AppSheet Enterprise Plus, or a Workspace enterprise license. For details, see Google Workspace editions that include AppSheet Core.

"
This is excellent news. It is one of the three pillars that will lead AppSheet to the top, like in architecture, the Vitruvian triad "utilitas", "firmitas", and "venustas" here will be "Gémini", "Firebase", and improvement of UX/UI. With these three things, AppSheet will be the most powerful no-code platform in the world for creating apps. It's great as a user to read that one of those three pillars is already concluded and unfolding. Cheers to that!"