AppSheet Maps View Issue

Hi App creators, 

We are currently investigating and working on a fix to an ongoing Maps view issue on mobile and desktop. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our AppSheet support.

Really appreciate your patience!

Thank you, 

Devin

Solved Solved
5 8 1,267
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This issue should now be mitigated, and Maps views should be loading again.

[UPDATE 7/12] 

The incident duration was approximately 4:00pm to 6:48pm pacific time. The root cause was that the Google Cloud project AppSheet uses for invoking Maps API features (e.g., the Maps view in AppSheet apps, geocoding of addresses) was internally blocked due to a policy enforcement mechanism (which happened around 4:00pm).

Essentially, Google Cloud incorrectly identified the AppSheet Cloud project as a non-production project driving significant traffic, and temporarily disabled our ability to make Maps API calls, which resulted in Maps API requests erroring for AppSheet. Once we detected the issue, we worked internally to restore the usage, which happened approximately around 6:48pm.

We are in the process of ensuring that the project is labeled correctly as serving production traffic and we will also add additional monitoring of Maps usage health inside AppSheet.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Thank Google team. There have been numerous bugs in Appsheet lately, but I remain hopeful that the platform will soon achieve stability.

I am also very perplexed by this problem. Complaints come in from customers.
There was a connection problem a few days ago... Why is it like that these days?

This issue should now be mitigated, and Maps views should be loading again.

[UPDATE 7/12] 

The incident duration was approximately 4:00pm to 6:48pm pacific time. The root cause was that the Google Cloud project AppSheet uses for invoking Maps API features (e.g., the Maps view in AppSheet apps, geocoding of addresses) was internally blocked due to a policy enforcement mechanism (which happened around 4:00pm).

Essentially, Google Cloud incorrectly identified the AppSheet Cloud project as a non-production project driving significant traffic, and temporarily disabled our ability to make Maps API calls, which resulted in Maps API requests erroring for AppSheet. Once we detected the issue, we worked internally to restore the usage, which happened approximately around 6:48pm.

We are in the process of ensuring that the project is labeled correctly as serving production traffic and we will also add additional monitoring of Maps usage health inside AppSheet.

Thanks, Peter. The issues occurred recently in Appsheet have caused many complains from customers. I hope Appsheet development team can do diligent test before making any change to Appsheet as it is a live system. Many end users will be affected by even a minor Appsheet bug.

It's working now. thanks staff and I hope it would be nice to inform in advance

@devingu 
@Peter-Google 

Please publish the incident summary.
This is because we would like to report to users who use the delivery application for their business.

https://status.cloud.google.com/products/FWjKi5U7KX4FUUPThHAJ/history

I have pasted it into the accepted solution above.

@Peter-Google Thank you.

Will this issue not be published as an incident summary and end up being reported in the community announcements category?

As a user, I am confused as to where the AppSheet outage will be published.
Are there any rules for reporting problems?

@devingu 
@zito