AppSheet scheduled maintenance window

Hello everyone,

AppSheet will perform maintenance work to migrate our infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform on the following days:

• Saturday, August 22, 2020, 11am - 3pm PDT (6pm - 10pm GMT)
  • Saturday, August 29, 2020, 11am - 3pm PDT (6pm - 10pm GMT)
  • Saturday, September 5, 2020, 11am - 6pm PDT (6pm - 1am GMT)

During these times, App Creators won’t be able to access the Editor or make changes to the app definitions. Existing app users will not be impacted and can still use the applications at these times.

New app users and app creators will not be able to sign up for AppSheet during this time.

This is a rare event - we’re sorry for any inconvenience to you. This work will allow us to integrate with other Google services and continue to expand the functionality of the platform.

I will be updating you on the status of the Editor outage live in this thread. Please reach out to support@appsheet.com if you encounter any issues with your live apps.

Thanks,

Kamila & the AppSheet Team

11 61 4,060
61 REPLIES 61

Please note: there will be one more maintenance window Sunday 10AM to 2PM PDT

Is there any way to make a notice pop up in the editor window about today’s maintenance, especially since it was not scheduled?

UPDATE

AppSheet is going into scheduled maintantance soon (11am - 6pm PDT, 6pm - 1am GMT). Please save your changes before that time.

FYI, that notice is wrong. We are going into the maintenance window right now. 10AM PDT

O Shit. Hope no one was super effected. That was annoying, just got back hoping I could do a few more quick implementations…

What is the Final Correct Expected Finish Time for the maintenance?
At least the incorrect Maintenance time Banner has been removed

It was a mistake on our part. We ran into a snag yesterday and had to work late into the night to work around it. We decided to finish the remaining migration work today taking advantage of the labor day holiday when it is likely to be least disruptive. We posted the notice here in the community at that time, but overlooked that the banner has a specific time listed. Realized it only this morning as we were starting, but changing it would have taken a fresh deployment (and that eats an extra hour minimum).

We hope to be done within 4 hours. May be sooner if things go smoothly.

@Jonathan_S FYI … please save changes immediately. Thanks

This is a good inidication Apppsheet fanatic like me should take a rest a bit!!!

i m going to go to my bed now!

For those who are in the different time zone and enjoying a bit of break over the weekend, lets forget about Appsheet and enjoy your own time somewhere else!

After a break which is not usually happen, then let s come back to Appsheet, then Praveen and his team will do a dreaming jobs which we are again not expected.

@tsuji_koichi maybe just for your account, we’ll set up a daily “human maintenance” window so you get some more sleep :]

Please Praveen “Automate” it!

My teacher (@Kirk_Masden) knows far better than me for local stuffs in Japan, but we have words,

“果報は寝て待て!”

Asked google what it is in English (or American).

"All things come to those who wait "

Yes, Google, you are well founded.

Let s wait and see, and be patient, everyone.

Tomorrow is another day, but it will be great day fueled by Appsheet.

The system should be open and operating normally now.

Awesome

Thanks!!! Good stuff.

I hope everything went well!

@Grant_Stead u tell me. How’s the editor working? Saving should be snappy.

Hi Praveen,

Here in Japan locating Far East, obviously the editor starts up quite fast, even far more faster than before!!

How is it with you @Kirk_Masden ?

Yes. Quite fast for me too, now.

In addition to launching speed of the app editor improvement, I m on a feel the app sync speed (for heavy app) is seemingly improving since yesterday!? is this another gift and present you gave us over?

I’m not sure if it will continue but so far I’ve also noticed an increase in sync speed. On the other hand, sync speeds on my app vary a lot from day to day so I think I need more data. I’ve been wondering, though, if there might not be a connection between sluggishness in the editor and in app syncing.

Both should be server connected issue, so recent server migration should affect to app sync + editor opening speed, both.

Seems snappy to me!
I’m glad to hear everything went well for you.

Massive reduction in sync time… Juts keeps getting better… Thanks AppSheet…