Join our next AppSheet Office Hours on September 19th for feature updates and live Q&A

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our next edition of AppSheet Office Hours will be on September 19th at 10AM PT. Join members of the AppSheet team, as they provide recent product updates, demo the latest features, and answer your questions live. 

In particular, we’ll be covering: 

As always, you’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers live.

Register Today

Please complete this form to register for the event. Once registered, you'll receive a calendar invite via email. Even if you can't make it live, register and we'll send you a link to the recording. 

Thank you - we hope to see you there!

1 3 1,070
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Lusha_Wang1 

I pleased to see the expanded functionality of Input Action.😃

As for use case 3, I believe the following Automation is realized.

1. Check the value of the Customer record referenced in the Ref
  2. Obtain the checked value using Return Value Step
  3. Display the obtained value in a template using the New Input function

I believe that you have probably explained this with a simple use case.
However, I think this use case could be used in a template with the following return value syntax or de-ref syntax to begin with.

Return value: [PreviousStep].[ReturnValueVariable]
e.g. [CheckCustomer].[OrderCanProcess]

de-ref: [RefColumn].[TargetColumn]
e.g. [Customer].[OrderCanProcess]

If there is a case that cannot be realized with return value or de-ref, but can be realized with New Input function, I would like to know.🤗

@Arthur_Rallu 
@Koichi_Tsuji 

Hi @takuya_miyai thanks for you comments, you were right, I was trying to explain using a simple example to show how to pass process information(previous step information) to actions or tasks used inside a process. For reusability purposes, actions and tasks could be used in multiple processes, and some configurations of actions and tasks could depend on previous step information, that's where input can be used.

Thanks @Lusha_Wang1 

I see
If the value is not static, we may be able to use New Input.
If I come up with a specific use case for my opportunity, I would like to share it again.😃