001 from table gives 1 in app

Hello,
I have a table with a column X which the app is taking numbers from. The column is 001, but when opened in the app with a text column and a valid if Sheet[Column X] it will show 1 only. Not showing the two 0`s. Tried alot of different stuff, and i managed beforeโ€ฆ but with same settings it just wont workโ€ฆ Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 12 1,045
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just made a new Sheet in the GSheet, and copied the information over and used that one instead. Then it worked perfectly again.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Often Iโ€™ll just make those text fieldsโ€ฆ

Yup, then you can force it back to a number when you need to do math on it.

NUMBER([Text_Field])
DECIMAL([Text_Field])

I have it in plain textโ€ฆ works on one app but not this oneโ€ฆ @MultiTech_Visions where to put those formulas?

you use those two formulas in any place that you need to use the number value that stored inside that text column. So inside formulas, math and stuff.

You might need to switch the column type in the second app to text, or at least make sure that all of your apps have the same column type for each column.

in your second app that might be the place where you need to wrap any [column] call with one of those formulas in order to convert the text back into a number so you can do your math.

@Aktar_As Would you please take a printscreen so we could be sure what and where that situation is, thanks.

Thanks @MultiTech_Visions . Heres the screenshot @Aleksi

And the app will store it as โ€œ1โ€ in the new table.

. 2X_9_9f87854e1696c3d65ac911fa3a177dba0153a9b4.jpeg 2X_0_01f28c688e0b4092bff30a09ecb2343f5097e453.jpeg

Is your value always 3 digits or can it be what ever?

@Aleksi It is Always 3 digit

Have you tried to set the digit to 3 for that number column?

Yes i tried that in Gsheet, didnt help. But also tried plain text in gsheet, and text with valid if in the app with information from a different table.

Please try it from the app.

I just made a new Sheet in the GSheet, and copied the information over and used that one instead. Then it worked perfectly again.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Have a nice day

Top Labels in this Space