A ENUM datatype that result to a datetime instead of values

Good morning!

I want to ask a way where the button in ENUM type would result in a DateTime instead of text values.
The advantages as follows:

1. This would eliminate another column in your database if you need just the DateTime value of a particular activity.
  2. Using AppSheet in this manner would be easier compared to making triggers to determine the Datetime value base on another column.

Iโ€™m not sure if I explain myself well. But hoping to find an efficient way for the matter stated.

0 8 371
8 REPLIES 8

Like this?

This would result to an Error after saving. (shown in the image below).

3X_1_d_1dc837b628676249f0f1d3db285d25af81bd6c28.png

Also, the button gives the remarks as the image below shows.

3X_5_6_5606819d3c35312474da915e8d40311b6e1a8ad6.png

Because โ€œProceedingโ€ is not a DateTime value. Youโ€™d have to remove that option.

Iโ€™m not sure what you meant to โ€œremove that optionโ€. I tried to have a formula of datetime(now()) instead of โ€œProceedingโ€. But the result was Error in my appโ€ฆ

The ENUM datatype does not allow date time values as of this moment.

But Iโ€™m hoping that there is a work around on this.

3X_9_e_9e39148f58b11dc8793be618fc5aca6d69bc5076.png
This means that you still have the base type set as Text, not DateTime.

NOW() already returns a DateTime value, there is no reason to wrap it inside of DATETIME()

Yes it does. Though I have no idea why youโ€™re wanting to do this, and especially not if youโ€™re going to use an App Formula for the column, as that disables edit ability for the column, which is kind of the main reason for using Enum columns (easy user input).

Thank you for this Marc. It works fine.

But is there a way that instead of datetime value in the interface, it would be replace by a button instead. Like the image below.

3X_1_e_1e7f1c2db48e9b8802caf5b34a7715fa1b61c3e2.png

A button that does what exactly?

I would use the button to trigger in writing the Datetime value to my table instead of hitting โ€œsaveโ€ button.

But luckily I found a way to rename the โ€œSaveโ€ button to โ€œPROCEEDโ€โ€ฆ

Thank you very much for your help. This helps a lot.

Top Labels in this Space