A form with initial child records?

Is there a way to add default child records when you open a form with child records?

Example:

- When I add an Order, I have a set of order line items that I want to be automatically included in the form. 

0 5 140
5 REPLIES 5

Sure. In place of the default Add button for the Order table, give a Grouped action that creates the parent, creates all children linked to the newest parent, and navigates to the parent form view.

Yes this can be done BUT:
- The new grouped action cannot be placed in the "ADD" button under an inline view. Either you have to make it overlay/prominent or add a column placeholder for this one.
- The grouped action, creates the record - but what if the user changes their mind and exits the form. There's no way you can undo the record creation, unless you create an automation to delete blank records by end of day or something. 

Yep

Alright, so there's no way to make it work without these workarounds yes? If so, I'll just have to deal with it then 😅

Is all of these still true?

If I do @Marc_Dillon approach I also don't have a way to allow the user to delete the prefilled chid records in the parent form. Curiously, any new child record I add in the inline view via de 'new' button allows for deletion in it's detail view with the 'delete' button on the bottom left. UX become non intuitive. This should be a bug or something.

Top Labels in this Space