A related column takes 25 seconds to compute but that table contains only 2 rows, 10 columns

In the performance log, It shows a related column takes 25 seconds to compute but that table only has 2 rows and 10 columns and no virtual and I don't know how it takes 25 seconds to compute. Can anyone please help me?

10 REPLIES 10

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

What expression does the column contain?

REF_ROWS("Selected Items", "User")

This is the Expression

It is a very common and automatically created expression (AppSheet automatically creates a virtual column of type List linked to a column defined as type Ref of another table). It shouldn't take that long.

If you have created a physical column and you have put in its formula: REF_ROWS("Selected Items", "User")
I can't understand what the objective is.

The other thing that occurs to me is that in the table, although it apparently only has 2 records, in some row much further down there is some data and AppSheet thinks it has a lot of records to analyze.
My advice is that you physically delete the rows starting from the last one that has data.

This column was created automatically, I didn't create anything, and That sheet has only 2 rows, I have deleted all other empty rows and I don't know why Related selected Items column tables 25 seconds to compute.

I'm sorry. I can't find an explanation either.

I'm sorry. I can't find an explanation either.

Try something like deleting the table and creating it again as if you were starting from scratch (with its corresponding Regenerate scheme).

Ok thanks

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

I assume that you have obtained the information from:

Manage - Monitor - Performance Profile - Launch performance analyzer.

yes You are right

The data that is in the sheet...is it being generated from an IMPORTRANGE or QUERY formula?

No, That is generated by the appsheet

Top Labels in this Space