ACCESSIBILTY - totally missing right now - my users can't get in and I can never remember password

FIrstly, what does this mean? It is unintelligible. Creators never get to see what barriers are put up to new users

Appsheet has not been accessible from the start. You’re geared up for app creators within organisations not independents trying out ideas, which it would be great for. If my expectations were the slightest bit managed I would be spending more as I have funders waiting for it to work. Since my launch in August Appsheet has thrust itself between my users and my app (spending money and time getting people to visit my app) only to face inaccessible, intelligible pages like that above, with NO FORWARD SIGNPOSTS. it is SO INACCESSIBLE.Unintelligible. Means nothing to a human. Cannot compute. Stuck. has sent so many users I have paid to attract away. Am furious.

How does a user who gets this message (no one can understand that terrible communication) go to get into my app? Please show me the routemap Appsheet requires for new visitors to navigate into a Publisher Pro app, step by step,

ie click link. Then what do they see? Install appsheet? Step by step. Route map in please as creators do not know what new visitors to their apps see trying to find way in to all my hard work.

Using either the download link or view in browser, please sign post me to tell them how to go. If I open my app on my phone, it is straight in. Have they been signposted to download appsheet when they don’t have to? I’m lost and my users are even more lost. Be accessible. Sign post, one route only. new users do not know the route map. They need to be signposted INTO the app. This is all so thoughtless and inaccessible. I was all ready to buy licenses to upgrade but this has totally put me off as so many of the people with long covid keen to use my app. So against promises to support the fight against COVID. Appsheet has got itself in its customers way.

Then I come here to ask for assistance and I can NEVER REMEMBER my password and get so disorientated I am incapacitated. Being accessible and inclusive you would provide a PROMPT. How many letters or numbers required at login. But no. I have to guess that I typing the right letters AND remember the exact password as there are no prompts and no view to see what password I have used Totally not including neurodiversity; Please be accessible and inclusive. it is 2020.

At login, please put a prompt for your password rules and provide an eye to view what is typed in. This is ‘accesssibility’…

0 5 325
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, am sorry you are experiencing issues. Can you confirm which app you took the above screenshot from?

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for replying. Sorry, I’m too disorientated now to function.

Here is the view in browser link to my app:
https://www.appsheet.com/start/6bafb7b1-47c9-4330-95ec-d295028b7037 could you check if my account, which comes up for monthly review on Friday, is working correctly. I cannot see any user activity since 20 Nov and my brother and I, plus another user have definitely been in. Also the user who sent me this tried and failed to get in as they didn’t understand what they were being told. Nor do I understand and I’m used to using lots of software and devices.

So
I hope this answers your question correctly. The screengrab shown is what a user (with COVID) sent me when they tried to access my app (appsheet link at top of email). They said this would put off people from using it. It isn’t widely accessible to all types and abilities of user. It is just a browser link, so I would expect it to be: click.OK to data. in.

Best regards

Sophie

“The incomprehensible message was sent to me by someone who I gave the ‘view in browser’ link to and who got this message and couldn’t get into my app.”

The recommended way to share apps with your users is to use the share button in the appsheet editor. You can find more details here. Please let us know if your user still experiences install issues after you share.

That is the very link I shared with you.

In my app editor > Share the app > copied link to view in browser.

It doesn’t answer why 3 people have been shown to view my app but no user activity shows since 20 November?

What evidence do I need to show that I am doing everything correctly, sharing the right link and have been since August and signposting from Appsheet is not accessible for all ability levels and my user activity has a problem?

Appsheet needs to take some ownership of your customers’ experience with you platform and not plonk the onus onto us when it is clear we are doing things correctly. The screen I sent was Appsheet generated so what does it mean? Had she installed Appsheet and got stuck that way?

Thank you. It would be so much easier to have a quick 2 way conversation with someone on a telephone instead of more time and energy from me doing all the legwork.

I am now totally blinkered til Friday handing in a 6000 six thousand word business plan and again Appsheet is blowing me off course. Could be so good for independents trying out new app ideas but Is totally geared to corporate individuals. Like the IBM !usiness machine compared to the home Apple Mac computer easy to use by everyone.

I can’t see any replies now until after my Friday deadline. Please reply after that, please VIP.

Best regards

Sophie

There is a problem with the reporting. Engineering is investigating.

Top Labels in this Space