API Edit not working

I have an api edit that doesn’t work because of data in one specific column which is a Longtext. I don’t have any valid ifs or requirements on this column. But it will randomly tell me that the key is not found.

0 11 208
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What makes you think the problem has to do with the LongText column?

I can add a new row, with an ID that is already in the table but I cannot edit the same row. I tried it on multiple rows and some worked and other didnt. I changed data around and it seems that that was the column that wasnt working.

You post title is saying API Edit, but it sould like nothing to do with Webhook etc?

Not sure why it is happening, but only what I can suspect is you may use that Longtext column to contruct the computed_key.
What I mean the table row key are combination of multiple fileds on that table, and that longtext fields are part of it.
Out of my guess work.

my table key is “TK-”&uniqueid and my longtext column isnt being used by any other column in a computed manner.

Probably you are using my initials for id, TK, that s why it is not working ?

The error message is saying key is not found even you are just editing existing row? which is quite unusual.

yea, I thought so too. All my other webhooks work. I have many more complicated ones that are fine but just this one is acting weird. It’s a simple edit to change 1 value of a column.

I m sorry, i m bit puzzled. The issue is with webhook?

basically, I’m posting from google apps script. I want to make an edit to one of the columns in my row

I completely misundrestood your issue.

Probably you need to review your JSON on your webhook setting then.

but it’s working on 1 row and not another. So the JSON seems to be right.

Sorry i m running out of my thoughts…

What I can suggest is you get in touch with support appsheet.

Top Labels in this Space