API: Invoke add new row action not working

Hi everyone, 

I'm stuck at this moment and maybe someone else can help me.

I try to invoke an action in my application using the Appsheet API.

Here's information about my POST request:

API URL: https://api.appsheet.com/api/v2/apps/{myappid}/tables/task/Action

Headers
applicationAccessKey: {my applicationaccesskey}
ContentType: application/json

Body:

{

"Action": "Action for B04. Start Checklists",

"Properties": {

"Locale": "nl-NL",

"Location": "0.000000, 0.000000",

"Selector": "Filter(task, [id] = <<id>>)",

"Timezone": "W. Europe Standard Time"

}

},

"Rows":  [

]

}

Value <<id>> is the ID of the Task table that I give in the request to invoke the following action: 

Donnykool_1-1664530921798.png

I need to invoke an action rather than just adding a new row because I want to trigger another bot with this action (which is not possible when I add this new row with the API).

I made this work with the Appsheet Zapier connection, so nothing is wrong with the action. I think I'm doing something wrong in my body request. I tried different variations of body requests but none of them fired the action.

Can someone help me?

0 3 128
3 REPLIES 3

You can just use Data-Change actions:

SkrOYC_0-1664538198301.png

All of them are tied to existing rows, you would need the "Add" API action to add rows

Unfortunately this won't help me. As @Steve mentioned in this thread: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/BOT-not-triggering-on-external-row-add/m-p/3708...

"Bots are only triggered by changes made within the app itself, or when a spreadsheet user makes manual changes when using External Eventing. Changes made by external processes do not trigger bots. Instead, your external processes will have to use the API to invoke actions."

My goal is to trigger another bot and, thus, use "Add" API action is not what I need.

I know is not what you need, I'm just telling you that the platform won't do what you want because there is a limit

Top Labels in this Space