APPSHEET USERS BULK DELETE

Hi

Is there a way to delete many users at time?

The only way I've seen so far is the remove option in each individual user.

Besides, I would like to know if it is still  available  the option to upload a comma separated list of users 

Thanks in advance

Claudio

0 12 593
12 REPLIES 12

At the moment there is not a way to bulk-delete users. Is that something you need to do frequently?

You should be able to paste a comma-separated list of users into the share dialog: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/954074-share-the-essentials#h_1d423071a8 

Does this cover your needs?

Best,
Shahaf

hI Shahaf
Thank you for your reply
We need to do it once a year when restarting the school year. We need to
remove users (students, teachers, parents) no longer present and add new
families to the Db.
We are glad we still can paste comma separated email addresses. It would be
helpful to have a bulk delete method in future as we manage 1000+ accounts.
Best Wishes+
Claudio Altamirano
Domain Admin
Instituto San Pedro
JC.Paz
Argentina

--
INSTITUTO SAN PEDRO
www.escuelasanpedro.com

This is great information and feedback-- thank you! We're tracking this request internally so we don't lose it.

Best,

Shahaf

Thank you for your support.

But saddly the old users menu was better. When Appsheet adopted a share interface similar to Google Drive, it has turned out extremely difficult to find users you need to delete/edit,  mostly when you manage 1000+ accounts from teachers and students.  We strongly need a tool or an admin interface to make users management easier.

Thanks

Claudio

Inst. San Pedro

I, too, am not fond of the new interface.

Sorry to hear that, Steve! Would you be willing to share some details with me separately? We'd be interested in whether you're finding things significantly harder to do and what specifically, or if you just are not used to the look'n'feel of it.

BTW, this 1000+ users app is something that has been working for you already or just an idea?

I mean, 1000+ users on an AppSheet app is... let me explain it: EXPENSIVE

It is fully operational since 2021, in fact we use more than 4 apps that share some data.

The other 3 have between 10 and 40 users.

BTW, it has been great to provide our entire school community with this solution,which infact, replaced the deprecated Google Appmaker apps until 2020, we can afford it because we have Google workspace for education special license.

But, how do you manage 1000+ users? 10-40 users is normal, 1000+ users where most of them is outside the GWorkspace seems expensive

all of them are Google Workspace for Education Accounts, students and
Teachers.

--
INSTITUTO SAN PEDRO
www.escuelasanpedro.com

Gotcha.

Thanks!

Hi Claudio, we are adding the ability to easily find/search users in the dialog, which will be available when you toggle on the "advanced" settings. That said, generally large scale user administration is something that we'd recommend using Google Groups for instead if the list of users changes frequently, but we're letting the team know about the needs for general large scale user administration.

Top Labels in this Space