AUTOMATING SAVE THE PARENT TABLE AND OPEN CHILD TABLE

Hello

A help please

I have a table [INVOICE] for invoices (table view). I want when I make a new record and press save to automatically open a new child table [INVOICE ANALYSIS] to add in products, quantities and prices.
If this is not possible, at least after saving the record, do not send me back to all the invoices but stay in the same record to put the relevant records of the table [INVOICE ANALYSIS]

Solved Solved
0 2 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

if understanding of your requirement is correct, you could evaluate the IsPartOf option.

Please take a look at the topic  "Express ownership between tables" in the article below.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

With this you can add records in the "INVOICE ANALYSIS" before saving the "Invoices"(parent) record.

The screenshot below shows the "Add" or 'New" button that automatically gets added in the parent record form when you set the "IsPartOf" relationship. However with "IsPartOf" relationship when the parent is deleted , its all children are also automatically deleted, which I believe should be okay in your case.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1669217666740.png

The below screenshot shows the "IsPartOf" setting that you need to do in child table's reference column. Please carefully read the associated write up with the setting. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1669217738202.png

The second alternative option to the above approach to try will be a LINKTOFORM() action that opens up child table form as event action  when you save the parent record.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

if understanding of your requirement is correct, you could evaluate the IsPartOf option.

Please take a look at the topic  "Express ownership between tables" in the article below.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

With this you can add records in the "INVOICE ANALYSIS" before saving the "Invoices"(parent) record.

The screenshot below shows the "Add" or 'New" button that automatically gets added in the parent record form when you set the "IsPartOf" relationship. However with "IsPartOf" relationship when the parent is deleted , its all children are also automatically deleted, which I believe should be okay in your case.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1669217666740.png

The below screenshot shows the "IsPartOf" setting that you need to do in child table's reference column. Please carefully read the associated write up with the setting. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1669217738202.png

The second alternative option to the above approach to try will be a LINKTOFORM() action that opens up child table form as event action  when you save the parent record.

Thank you very much @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Yes, it was the solution I wanted !

Yet, I want to learn a way to stay in the same record in table view when I save this record. I want to trigger an action to send the new invoice as pdf to my email, if I am sure that the invoice is correct.

But, every time I create a new invoice, the app return to the table "Invoices" with all the records and I have to find the recent record to open in and click to action to receive the invoice. It is very frustrating

If somebody have the solution I will appreciate it

Top Labels in this Space