About UX

I think the "Form" and the ''Edit" should be controlled separately.
Because the "Form" is adding new data and the ''Edit" is editing the existing data.
Thi s is very inconvenience that the "Form" controlls both of them.

If Appsheet devide this, I think there are many apps that can greatly reduce the number of rows of data.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022/08/16 added

Current Appsheet.jpg

If we can controle the Edit.jpg

0 8 114
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Consdier using either a detail view - https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106385?hl=en  Which give you more layout options, control the columns , their order and which are editable in this row.

Or dynamic inputs - https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11621688, which work for updates but not creating rows AFAIK.  Though I've never used these yet ๐Ÿ˜•

Simon@1minManager.com

HI thank you for your comment, I have added photos of this idea, hope you take take a time to look at them๐Ÿ™‚

Can you explain how having seperate New Row vs Edit Row type views would "greatly reduce the number of rows of data"?

Hi thank you for your comment, I have added photos of this idea, hope you take take a time to look at them๐Ÿ™‚

I don't get it.

A Form View is used for Adds and Edits. How your idea would help us in any way? Wouldn't a user need to update a field in the future? If you need to hide some values when they need to edit you can use Show_If? expressions to check if the current row is on the dataset or not

Hi thank you for your comment, I have added photos of this idea, hope you take take a time to look at them๐Ÿ™‚

I understand current Appsheet can do the same thing as I wanna do.

Like right now, by showing the returner's column on the returner's device and the borrower's column on the borrower's device, I made that work.

But if the "Form" and the ''Edit" controlled separately, I thought the operation could be smoother.

@wisteria_japan wrote:

if the "Form" and the ''Edit" controlled separately

You are mixing two separate concepts

My head hurts trying to understand the OP. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

The screenshot made it worse as I dont see a table formatted for appsheet's use.

Top Labels in this Space