About loading data of "Filter out all existing rows?"

I am developing an app with PublisherPro plan.
In order to speed up the data loading time of the app, I would like to reduce the amount of data to be loaded as much as possible.

If the table has  "Filter out all existing rows?",  won't it load the data from this table when the application sync?
If it is not possible, I have to give up saving the image.
Because I think the image data is heavy.

Solved Solved
0 2 146
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So "Filter out all existing rows" works like a security filter that allows Adding records but not reading or editing.  So basically once the record is added, as far as the user can see, its disapeered.  So no, when you click sync, any records on this table won't be synced/downloaded.

Images only cause sync issues if "Store content for offline use" is turned on.  With this turned off, the App downloads images as the user accesses that record.  Whereas with it turned on the app will sync every image and stores it on the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So "Filter out all existing rows" works like a security filter that allows Adding records but not reading or editing.  So basically once the record is added, as far as the user can see, its disapeered.  So no, when you click sync, any records on this table won't be synced/downloaded.

Images only cause sync issues if "Store content for offline use" is turned on.  With this turned off, the App downloads images as the user accesses that record.  Whereas with it turned on the app will sync every image and stores it on the device.

Thank you for your very kind reply.
It works like a security filter. I am very happy to be able to save images.

Top Labels in this Space