Account Problem

HI,
I am in the following situation:
I'm in the Appsheet with account A, but in the preview I'm still with account B, why? How do I sync with account A?

Solved Solved
0 5 95
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Solved, just enter the right address under Preview app to apply... Thanks for following me... Anyway, it would be convenient for me to receive the answer to the previous reply...

Esempio.jpg

View solution in original post

@manueurofax wrote:

Excuse me, but what's the name of this box?

"Preview app as"!  if you just say "preview" it could refer to "Preview" functions or "Desktop mode (Preview) or  some other thing that makes sense only to you.  And it's best to include a screenshot of the area you are asking about to make it clear to others what you mean.

Examples of other "preview" items

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 11.20.36 AM.png

@manueurofax wrote:

Anyway, it would be convenient for me to receive the answer to the previous reply...

I am not sure if you mean the "reply" i just answered above or if you mean your original post.  In case its the original post....

First, I should point out that the "Preview App as" is an ability to look at the app as a different user.  You shouldn't refer to them as "accounts" which will be taken to mean AppSheet accounts.  Users will typically NOT have an Appsheet Account.

The correct way to switch back and forth is to simply paste in/enter the email address you wish into the  "Preview app as" field and then tap the Apply button.

NOTE:  I have encountered issues with Slices that rely on USEREMAIL() function not properly recognizing the "preview as" email address.  I workaround this problem by temporarily using the hard coded email address in the Slice criteria instead of the USEREMAIL() function.

If for some reason, it seems that the "Preview app as" feature is not switching users after tapping Apply, then you can simply REFRESH the Editor browser page.  It will basically restart the app in the Editor using your email address.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@manueurofax wrote:

but in the preview I'm still with account B,

Preview of what?

Esempio.jpg

Solved, just enter the right address under Preview app to apply... Thanks for following me... Anyway, it would be convenient for me to receive the answer to the previous reply...

Esempio.jpg

@manueurofax wrote:

"Preview app as"!  if you just say "preview" it could refer to "Preview" functions or "Desktop mode (Preview) or  some other thing that makes sense only to you.  And it's best to include a screenshot of the area you are asking about to make it clear to others what you mean.

Examples of other "preview" items

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 11.20.36 AM.png

@manueurofax wrote:

Anyway, it would be convenient for me to receive the answer to the previous reply...

I am not sure if you mean the "reply" i just answered above or if you mean your original post.  In case its the original post....

First, I should point out that the "Preview App as" is an ability to look at the app as a different user.  You shouldn't refer to them as "accounts" which will be taken to mean AppSheet accounts.  Users will typically NOT have an Appsheet Account.

The correct way to switch back and forth is to simply paste in/enter the email address you wish into the  "Preview app as" field and then tap the Apply button.

NOTE:  I have encountered issues with Slices that rely on USEREMAIL() function not properly recognizing the "preview as" email address.  I workaround this problem by temporarily using the hard coded email address in the Slice criteria instead of the USEREMAIL() function.

If for some reason, it seems that the "Preview app as" feature is not switching users after tapping Apply, then you can simply REFRESH the Editor browser page.  It will basically restart the app in the Editor using your email address.

I hope this helps!

I was referring to how to call "Preview App as" as an answer... The rest as I said in the previous post I had arrived... Thanks anyway for all the clarifications...

Top Labels in this Space