Action Add a new row to another table & "edit in a pop up"?

Having an action that works as it should be, the action button adds a new row to another table using values from these rows. After clicking an action, I want to add manually 2 values for two columns in the destination table.

Just asking if it is possible to make this.

0 5 75
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Atlas wrote:

Just asking if it is possible to make this.

It is, yes.

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I would like to work on it asap. I have done a different kind of kinds of actions and behaviors that work in my apps. But never done this kind.  Could you please tell me where I should start?

After rereading my question I realized that some missing points. My purpose is, after selecting a row or rows, when user clicks an action button, a pop-up will be shown and users will be asked to fill up the required information. I hope, I clarified myself.

It sounds like you want the user to click a button attached to a row. The user will be taken to a form view to add a new row to a different table. The form should be pre-filled with some information from the row in which the user clicked the button. In the form, the user may or has to enter some data and save the form to save the new row. To do this, the action should be of type App: go to another view in this app with a Target expression that uses the LINKTOFORM() function. The function should specify the form view of the table to receive the new row.

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

I was under the challenge of doing more important corrections for the app. I came to update this also. Finally, I made it by using the INPUT function. While this function is still in beta but works perfectly for me. I used it with a grouped execute action behavior. When the user clicks the action a pop-up shows and asks users to input the value required and the second action adds rows to another table.

Top Labels in this Space