Action: Add a new row to another table using data (SUM) of ALL selected ROWs

C2
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi, I have an action to add data to another table.

Normally, if I select more than one row, the app copy all rows selected in the new table.

My wish is: if a select more than one row, the app will be copy all data in only one row in the new table with the SUM (or another functions) of the data contained in all selected row.

Is it possibile? thanks!

0 3 130
3 REPLIES 3

Hi C2,

Where do you select your rows ? Can you provide a screen ? Thanks

thank you for your reply, I mean when you select an action with the square included in appsheet.    Screenshot 2023-11-13 alle 14.20.32.png

My wish is if I select more than one row all data will be copy to another table (easy action), but in only one new row (no many as are in the selected table), and in particular:

-some of the data (like the same name or surname) will be copy once in the new single row;

-some of the data (like numeric value) will be SUM (or other function) in the new single row.

thanks

Honestly, I have no idea if it's possible with built in appsheet action. 

One workaround is to use the bulk actions that you have right now to a new table *BulkAdd*, add a column to capture the "code" of the last bulk add  (can be a number with formula [_THISROW] +1) and trigger an automation. In that automation, update the row value of your choice with your sum() (with in the filter the code of the last bulk add).

Then use a script to delete the rows of the bulk add, on a regular basis. 

Else, you can create a linktoview action and show it in this table, where it opens a form and user select the list of items he want to copy, then perform on save the sum.

Top Labels in this Space