Action Based on Form - Add Value to List if YES, then Delete Value?

English is hard some days... I learned yesterday that I cannot add an action/behavior to a form. I need some help thinking of a workaround.

I have a column in the base Patients table called Non-Medical Flags. I am building a specialized sub-app that works against this same data set for, and it allows users to add very basic patient information for the sake of communications and chronic care management. Here's the basic form so far:

Screenshot 2022-07-29 08.57.47.png

As it stands, if they want to add the patient to the CCM program, if the patient is not currently in my internal patient database, they can use this basic form to add them. What I want to do is have another field on here, something like "Is Patient Enrolled in CCM?" that if toggled to Yes, will trigger an existing action to set [NonMedical Flags] to

([NonMedical Flags]+LIST(CCM))

then clear the value of "Is Patient Enrolled in CCM"

And in typing that, i may have gotten this figured out. Do I just need to add the new column "Is Patient Enrolled in CCM?" and create an action to fire after the form is submitted? I do think I would need to create a separate action and not use my other one that is tied to a button...

OR, is there a way I can show an existing Enum List in the form for the [NonMedical Flags] field but restrict it in the app to turn on or off the CCM toggle?

Solved Solved
0 2 134
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@mykrobinson wrote:

And in typing that, i may have gotten this figured out. Do I just need to add the new column "Is Patient Enrolled in CCM?" and create an action to fire after the form is submitted?

Yes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@mykrobinson wrote:

And in typing that, i may have gotten this figured out. Do I just need to add the new column "Is Patient Enrolled in CCM?" and create an action to fire after the form is submitted?

Yes.

i gotta stop second guessing myself so much ๐Ÿคฃ
i guess it will come with time.

Top Labels in this Space