Action Default Not Function

HI,
I have the following problem: the default Add action, doesn't call the view ..._Form. What can I do to restore it?

Solved Solved
0 6 157
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The system-generated 'add' action will open up the "default" form view on the table. That "default" is determined by a couple factors. I believe it's the same determination as which view is displayed as an inline view, which is described here. In short, if you have a manually-created form view, in ref position, that becomes the default form view, instead of the system-generated one.

You can create a new LINKTOVIEW action to go to the specific form view that you want. Or manipulate the factors described in the link above.

Another strategy which I use often, is when I'm adding in new functionality that involves creating a new form, detail, or table/inline view, in order to not disrupt the defaults, I'll do it all on a brand new slice.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What exactly happens when you click it?

Does a form view on that table exist?

Thanks for your interest...
There are other customized ones...
I wanted to switch to the default form window with this command, but it won't let me...
I had to create a custom one myself and put it with a version number in parentheses like the first one to get it to be called... So far I've only found this solution...
Can there be more?

A custom what?

What exactly happens when you click on the 'add' button?

It opens up another custom window based on the table, instead of the default window for editing fields...

The system-generated 'add' action will open up the "default" form view on the table. That "default" is determined by a couple factors. I believe it's the same determination as which view is displayed as an inline view, which is described here. In short, if you have a manually-created form view, in ref position, that becomes the default form view, instead of the system-generated one.

You can create a new LINKTOVIEW action to go to the specific form view that you want. Or manipulate the factors described in the link above.

Another strategy which I use often, is when I'm adding in new functionality that involves creating a new form, detail, or table/inline view, in order to not disrupt the defaults, I'll do it all on a brand new slice.

Thank you...

Top Labels in this Space