Action - INPUT()

This Input function doesn't give default value as TODAY(). Kindly Solve it. It is a expression of Behaviour - Action. 

INPUT(input-name, default), what is the need of Input Name? What does it do? I could not understand

jaichith_0-1689492386597.png

jaichith_0-1689494314618.png

0 19 542
19 REPLIES 19

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

Try doing it like this:
1º-Create an visible action (PortePrueba) of the type "Grouped: execute a sequence of action" and that its list of actions is PortePrueba 1 and PortePrueba 2.
2º-Create the PortePrueba 1 action non-visible defined as "Data: set the values of some columns in the row" and adjust the value of the [DATE OF DELIVERY] field with the value of TODAY().
3º-Create the PortePrueba 2 action non-visible, also defined as "Data: set the values of some columns in the row" and now adjust the value of the field with INPUT("Date of Delivery:", [DATE OF DELIVERY]).

what is porteprueba?

Already it is group actions. so please give me some other idea. 

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

"porteprueba" is the name that I have given to the action to be able to test it (it could be called anything).
If it is already in an action of a group of actions, you only need to insert among your group actions, before the one you have with INPUT(), a new action where you assign the value of TODAY() to the [DATE DELIVERY] field.

It is that when you execute the INPUT(), the field that you are going to change already has a previous content that will be presented to you.

This is what I have tested:

Where I put PorteHoraSale, you must put Date of Delyvery

JSO_0-1689515628603.png

JSO_1-1689515687227.png

JSO_2-1689515731332.png

JSO_3-1689515763064.png

BASED ON YOUR SUGGESTIONS , I HAVE TRIED  BUT IT IS NOT WORKING

Not yet solved pls help.... Why can't we give directly today () in default value in input() function.

The INPUT() function has limitations.
In fact its documentation says that it is in beta mode:
https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11623804?hl=en&sjid=8915437185869552463-EU
It seems to accept the original content of a field, but not directly assign TODAY() to it.
I have tried it as indicated and to me if it proposes the date of the day.
I don't know what could be happening to you.

JSO_0-1692365744871.png

TODAY()

JSO_2-1692365833187.png

ESTO QUE DIGO AQUI DEBAJO ES INCORRECTO:  No me di cuenta que el campo ya tenia la fecha metida POR OTRO PROCESO, por lo cual hay que seguir el paso de antes (Accion con grupo de acciones donde la primera es ponerle la fecha del dia y la segunda el INPUT()).

(Lo que estaba debajo se ha borrado por ser erroneo)

Screenshot_2023-08-18-19-23-04-97_4f4b4dc22922b128424eca33c4390726.jpg

It is not working bro

Supongo que tendras definido el campo como de edicion?

I suppose you have defined the field as editing?

JSO_0-1692367408039.png

Yes. It is editable

Pues desconozco el problema.

Lo que si te puedo asegurar es que a mi me funciona (y del modo sencillo, con una sola acción)

Si descubres algo ya nos lo dirás. Te aconsejo que hagas una consulta al servicio tecnico. En una ocasión me volví loco porque en PC no me aparecía bien la pantalla de edición mientras que en el movil lo hacía perfectamente. 

Me dijeron que cambiara una configuracion de edición y se resolvió todo. Yo lo tenia mal definido (editar con el mismo formulario de detalle en vez de usar el de edicion: en mivl le daba igual, en PC lo hacía como estaba definido),

Try correctly matching the type of the expression's return value with the column type. That's either you change your column type to Date, or replace TODAY() by NOW()

Now() not working brother. I don't know about the reason.

The only thing I can think of: are you testing from the app editor? If so, please test as a user; the app editor does not always display date/time fields correctly.

IT IS NOT WORKING BRO TRIED AS USER ALSO

Sorry, I don't know. Perhaps others here could help.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME.... 

Tengo el mismo problema, pero con una lista de precios precargada, pudiste resolverlo?😩

Have you tried new syntax?

Top Labels in this Space