Action Icon Disappearing

Hi. I was hoping someone can help with this mystery. I have created a simple Action that just changes a column to "Yes" with pressed. It works fine when I first set it up, but then when I try to use it on a different record, or just click away and come back to the same record, the Action icon disappears.

Just to make sure there wasn't something with that column, I also tried to add an Action to other columns and I'm getting the same disappearing icon. 

Screenshots attached. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

Solved Solved
0 6 253
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good observation @Kabuliรฑo 

Also @Kabuliรฑo , if Rack Repairs Previou... is a slice, please ensure the action is enabled for that slice in the slice settings of "Slice Actions"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You may want to mention the column type of [Viewed] column and also row condition, if any for the said action as shown in the image below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1670753871172.png

Hi Suvrutt,

Thank you for the response. The column file type is Text. The column is set with an initial value of "No" and the user, in theory, should be able to click the Viewed action button to change it to "Yes" after reviewing the record.

The behavior in the Action is "true", just like your screenshot.

Seems simple enough. Should the behavior be set to something else?

Hi @TJCobb1 ,

Thank you for all the details. Action configuration looks good to me. Someone else may have a suggestion. I cannot think of anything amiss at this stage.

I think your action does not apply to the table in your second screenshot. Maybe you need to create another similar action for your table Rack Repairs Previou... 

Good observation @Kabuliรฑo 

Also @Kabuliรฑo , if Rack Repairs Previou... is a slice, please ensure the action is enabled for that slice in the slice settings of "Slice Actions"

Thank you both for your help. I didn't realize I needed to set the "Slice Actions" in the slice. See screenshot. Works perfect now. Much appreciated!

Screenshot3.jpg

Top Labels in this Space