Action Not Updating Value in Other Table

I followed the following thread https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Modifying-data-of-a-table-from-another-table/td...

When the bot fires though its not updating the record in Table 1.

Actions:

Table 2 Action.png

Table 1 Action.png

Note: Status is ENUM

BOT

bot 1.png

bot 2.png

Solved Solved
0 8 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Leave your action selection under New step as "Custom". Make sure in the settings that you still have 'Run action on rows', 'Referenced Table' still needs to be Table_1, and referenced Action Update Table 1. Please also indicate what your select formula is in the Referenced Rows field.

Markus_Malessa_0-1710367755039.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

New Step for the process needs to have Table 1 in the Referenced Table. At least I think that is your problem.

Markus_Malessa_0-1710366126635.png

Also, since you are using a bot to call Update Table 1, there really is no need for the Update Table 2 action.

bot3.png

Changed it to this and it still is not working.

Without calling the Update Table 2 Action how would I pass the customer ID from Table 2 to Table 1 to update the right record?

Leave your action selection under New step as "Custom". Make sure in the settings that you still have 'Run action on rows', 'Referenced Table' still needs to be Table_1, and referenced Action Update Table 1. Please also indicate what your select formula is in the Referenced Rows field.

Markus_Malessa_0-1710367755039.png

Referenced rows I used: Select(Table_1[Customer],[Customer]=[_THISROW].[Customer])

If I use: Select(Table_1[Customer Number],[Customer Number]=[_THISROW].[Customer Number])

It throws the error: The value '=Select(Table_1[Customer Number],[Customer Number]=[_THISROW].[Customer Number])' of data action 'New step Action - 1' does not match the expected type List or its expected type details

For Table_1, which column is your key column?

It is Row ID but even changing it to Customer Number it still doesnt work.

My key columns were not correct in the data source. Once I fixed that it all worked. thanks for the help.

Top Labels in this Space