Action Prominence

Hi guys,

I just cannot get my head around action prominence. 

How do you get an action button to always display? I have a customised version of the 'add' action that pre-populates some fields in a form.

This is required because it is accessed through the individual record from another table, so linking to a blank form means adding a whole new menu item, and additional taps. The customised add function uses the currently selected record to populate the form.

I completely rebuilt my interface to allow me to use a detail view (to the detriment of UX) because this seemed to allow my action to appear, and when I finally got everything working, I deleted the test data. It turns out the action disappears if there's no data!

The method of display makes no difference, it's getting really frustrating that the why's and when's of action appearance seem to make no obvious sense to me.

Would really appreciate some help.

0 1 74
1 REPLY 1

The customised add function uses the currently selected record to populate the form.

Assuming it pulls values from the current record. That means this action cannot be displayed in "overlay" prominence on a collection view (table,deck, etc), because it requires the context of a single record. That's why you've found that it shows up on a detail view only. Then when you deleted all of the test data, there is no longer any record to run the action from, so there's no where to display the action. Not really sure what you expect in this situation, can you elaborate on your requirements? (screenshots help a lot)

Top Labels in this Space