Action button on map

Hi, I am looking to add a help button as shown below to the map screen, any idea's if this possible?

bradley_davis1_0-1650970363623.png

Solved Solved
0 4 178
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have actually done something similar and created a dashboard view with a tab to the help file. I suppose its the best that can be done for now.

Thanks Bradley

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to add actions to a Map view.  I just tested trying to add an Overlay action again myself - no go.  

I have tried everything as well, just trying to mae it more user friendly for the end user as the inability to not have help guides for users makes appsheet challenging to rollout sometimes.

Thanks Bradley

A supplemental idea might be to include your help View in the Main view buttons at the bottom ONLY when the user is in the Map View.  The user can tap on it when they have the Map View active.  If they go to any other view, it goes away.  I think that will work.

If you are not aware, there is a CONTEXT() function you can use to accomplish this placing it into the Show If of the Help view.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2347640-context

I have actually done something similar and created a dashboard view with a tab to the help file. I suppose its the best that can be done for now.

Thanks Bradley

Top Labels in this Space