Action buttons dissapear when use a slice

Hello.

I am using appsheet to manage my patients. In my daily View, I want it to show only the patients that have not been discharged. So I sliced my table with Row Condition "ISNOTBLANK([alta])" (alta means discharge).

However, when I apply this slice to my daily View, all my actions of any specific patient disappear.

I read in a topic about this (but without solution provided), but I didn't remember what and I couldn't find it again.

(Data in the image is fake due to privacy!)

uda_g.png

Solved Solved
0 8 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Slices will generate their own form and detail views so it could be that you need to adjust/expand your condition for the first ones to include something like CONTEXT('view') = 'base_Doentes sem Alta_Detail'

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Slices have there own configuration for which Actions are allowed.  The default is to allow everything ...but if ANY actions are configured then all actions that are intended to be made available to the Slice must also be specifically included.  See image.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 11.39.18 AM.png

I put as you said, and even so it's still not working. Maybe I messed any other place 😞

Here you can see my slice:

uda_g2.png

Can it be because of any columns I choosed to slice? :s

Try selecting the specific actions you do want to include in the slice from the 'Slice Actions' section. Keep adding all the ones you want to show in that slice.

Do you have any behavioral conditions on whether the action should be available or not?

About the actions, i have included ALL and even included  Auto Assign in the last one, as you can see on the screenshot

udag5.png

About the  behavioral conditions, the actions "Dar Alta", Dia 1, Dia 2, Dia 3, Ver Relatório have this condition: CONTEXT('view') = 'Base_Detail' and are "Display prominently"

The ones Add , Delete and Edit have CONTEXT('view') <> 'Inserir Doente UDA' and are "Display as Primary"

As context,  Inserir Doente UDA is a form to insert a new patient.

Slices will generate their own form and detail views so it could be that you need to adjust/expand your condition for the first ones to include something like CONTEXT('view') = 'base_Doentes sem Alta_Detail'

SOLVED

Had to change behaviour from CONTEXT('view') = 'Base_Detail' to CONTEXT('view') = 'Doentes sem Alta_Detail'

I actually originally mis-understood the original post. 

Since ALL actions are disappearing then you want to check the Slice Update Mode and make sure it is NOT Read Only.  Set the mode according to what you want to allow.  See below.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.19.00 PM.png

Please check my answer to @James_Burns 

Thank you

Top Labels in this Space