Action to host an HTML file on the web using data from my app

I would like to create an action for each of these:

• Render an HTML file using data from my appsheet database and host it publicly
  • Send a whatsapp message containing the link to this site.

Can this be done internally in Appsheet or do a 3rd party application such as a webhook service needs to be integrated to accomplish this task?

0 2 197
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe running a web app using an app script on the google sheet containing my data? 

In general, it can be somewhat easy to difficult depending on what exactly you wish to do.

May we know if you wish to publish for example text data, chart data as web page? 

One way is please arrange to collate the  data that you wish to share in a sheet of Google spreadsheet.

1. You can choose to publish that sheet with the following option. ( Please be careful to publish only the single sheet)

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1663314385358.png

2. On the next page select the sheet (Sheets name Charts in this example)  that has data to publish. Please copy the URL.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1663315341988.png

3. Caution: Please be CAREFUL to not select entire document as shown below, if your Google spreadsheet has other important data. Best practice will be to create a different spreadsheet that you want to share/

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1663314719333.png

4. You can copy this URL copied in step 2 above  in URL type column.

You can arrange to send this URL of the webpage through Whatsapp with the approach described in post below.

This webpage will update when the underlying data changes. The user will of course to refresh the page at times.

Solved: Action button to send message on WhatsApp - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space