Action to reset data

Hi all,

with respect with my skills, I would rather ask my question.

I have created an application to help counting points for a card game (๐Ÿ˜‰)

I have a table with column row number, id and name of the players. I use this table as a static resource to associate the player with it's id (ie 1,2,3 or 4) for turn order.

Now the point is I need to create an action "new game" which clears the name and asks for the new one's. And, Actually, I will need this action to reset as well results data in the turn table.

help appreciated.

0 4 178
4 REPLIES 4

You are thinking this on a wrong way.
You don't need to clear, you need to create a new game.

Could you share your database setup?

Thank you @SkrOYC for your answer.

You're right but I did it that way. I'd love your advice on how to do it in a different way. Here are the screenshots of the 2 main tables. and the relations:

Brucks_3-1670402127361.png

player table

Brucks_0-1670401711492.png

Points count per turn:

Brucks_1-1670401923513.png

and here is a sneak peak of the UX :

Brucks_2-1670402003612.png

I think that I cannot be so helpful considering I don't understand the logic behind your app or the game logic in this case.

But I can suggest you to read the AppSheet Docs to understand what's expected from a database.

App design 101 - AppSheet Help

I agree with SkrOYC that you need to create a new game. This way  you will also be able to maintain history of all the games played.

However if you do indeed need to clear values on click of a button, you can explore using "Data: set the value of some columns in this row" data action and set all the values you need to reset to default values. There are other actions available as well to delete or add a new row (useful for creating a new game).

Top Labels in this Space