Action types that can be invoked via AppSheet API

Is there a definitive list anywhere of action types compatible with the AppSheet API?

The Invoke an action - AppSheet Help article says that invoking a custom action via the AppSheet API is limited to the following action types:

• Data: set the value of a column
  • Grouped: execute a sequence of actions. (All actions invoked in the Grouped sequence must be either Data: set the value of a column or Grouped: execute a sequence of actions.)

Contrary to that documentation, I just created a webhook automation task that seemingly successfully uses the AppSheet API to invoke a custom action of the following type:

• Data: add a new row to another table by using values from this row 

Do others have (un)successful experience with additional action types?

(FWIW, I submitted feedback directly on the article to note it's incomplete.)

Solved Solved
3 2 368
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, I never heard from anyone. Nonetheless, prompted by your message here, I just referenced the Invoke an action - AppSheet Help article again and see that it's now updated to say that any Data-change action can be invoked, which makes sense. I wouldn't expect the other action types (i.e., navigation, external communication) to be eligible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Did you ever get the list of action types you were looking for?

No, I never heard from anyone. Nonetheless, prompted by your message here, I just referenced the Invoke an action - AppSheet Help article again and see that it's now updated to say that any Data-change action can be invoked, which makes sense. I wouldn't expect the other action types (i.e., navigation, external communication) to be eligible.

Top Labels in this Space