Action vs. Multiselect

Hello dear AppSheet community,
Do you know if there is a way for an action to tell whether multiple rows are selected?

I have an action of type <Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row>. This action is therefore offered when the user selects one or multiple rows in a table. Also, this action is configured to open a confirmation dialog before proceeding.

So far so good.

The problem I have is that the message I show the user for confirmation depends on the value in a column of the selected row. Such as <"Sign off "&[FirstName]&"?">, where <FirstName> is the column name.

The message show as expected when only 1 row is selected.
3X_4_2_427cdaf4d068a2fe6739345628a7e2ec8a9c07a5.png

But all bets are off when there is a multi-selection. The value from the column is (understandably) completely ignored.
3X_6_1_61e10faabdb8a711dfe4eecb473a664deea6ebac.png

I was wondering if there is a way for the action to know whether one single or multiple rows are selected, in order to format the confirmation message differently. Ideally Iโ€™d like to know which rows are selected, but I could do just knowing that more than one is at playโ€ฆ

The closest related post I could find was Custom action for multi select, but it does not quite address my question :โ€™(

Thanks for your feedback.
-AB

0 1 90
1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible.

Top Labels in this Space