Actions controlled (display) by view. I have...

Actions controlled (display) by view.

I have two different views defined on the same table. I would like to have the default system action Add to be shown in one view, but not in the other view.

I tried putting โ€œ#view=Territoryโ€ in the Behaviour formula of the Action, but It didnt work.

How do I do this please?

0 11 2,317
11 REPLIES 11

@David_Joyce

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œYourViewNameโ€

I have tried doing this CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œPlayers_Detailโ€, but the action still will not show. The Players_Detail View shows Related Records at the bottom, and I can select New at the bottom of that section and it does what I need, but Iโ€™d like to have the Action icon Overlayed so it is more convenient.

The only place I can get this action to show is on the Record view.

More details, please.

I have a personal app for keeping track of my teams personal records in our pool (billiards) league. I have one table each for Record, Players, and Opponents. In each Players Detail view (which shows the stats for that player, I have the Related Record shown at the bottom (win/loss, opponent, rank differential). This (Players Detail) is the view I go to in order to add a new match for that player. Currently I have to scroll down to the Related Record section of this Detail View and select New (where the options are View and New) in order to create a new record. I can also select to View the Related Records, and in the Records view I have an Add action icon. I would like this Add icon to be overlayed on the Players Detail view as well.
I tried adding CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œPlayers_Detailโ€ to the Behavior of the Add action, but then the Action doesnโ€™t show anywhere.

Please let me know any additional information that you need.

Hi @Steve_Wood Have you tried LINKTOFORM(โ€œyour form nameโ€)

Great idea. So Iโ€™ve had mixed success with this. I was able to use LINKTOVIEW() and get my Action to show on the Players_Detail view, however it wasnโ€™t pre-filling the Player Name. This made me realize that it made more sense just to put this Action on the Players page. All I changed was the view name in which to show the Action, and it quit working. I have no idea what is going on? The second screenshot is how I would now like this to work (having the action show on the Players view).

You might need Steve Coile Im not to good at deep links.

First of all, you donโ€™t need the CONTEXT() expression: overlay actions only appear on detail views anyway.

Second, you can use LINKTOFORM() to pre-populate a form.

Third, you canโ€™t make the action appear on the Players table view because (as noted above) overlay actions only appear (as overlays) on detail views. If you tap-and-hold an entry on the Players table view to select it, The New Match action should appear in the drop-down menu that appears in the upper right corner.

When I tap-and-hold, nothing shows up in the upper right corner.
Iโ€™d like to be able to add a new record from the Players view, is there another way I can achieve this, even if it isnโ€™t an overlay? Inline, prominent, whatever. If I can get the action from here, Iโ€™m not even worried about pre-populating any data.

Play around with inline actions. You attach an inline action to a column, then add that column to your table view. The icon youโ€™ve selected for the action will replace the columnโ€™s content in the table. The user can then tap on the icon to invoke the action for that row.

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space