Activating Barcode/QR Scanner

nav
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi there!

Newbie here creating an app for an event my organisation is hosting. 

Lil’ Context: My organisation is going to be hosting an event for 200pax people. To facilitate QR code check-ins and progress reports of who has not reported, etc, I was tasked to create/find an app. 

So while I have been able to add the list of people attending, their statuses, a dashboard showing an overview, etc, I have a bit of trouble creating a suitable QR code check-in portion of the app. 

So far, I have only been able to create the below:

7061932C-5B72-4A55-9D65-B819D9B6B622.jpeg

So this is the main checkin page where the user will click on the QR logo to begin

2512C2CE-4265-4B1B-998B-8E67E45AC885.jpeg

Then the user will have to click on the small QR thing again to activate the scanner and scan the QR code. I have already set it to auto save so that means after the person scans the QR, he/she will not need to click on save, it will auto save and lead back to below

A245764C-B304-4924-9645-11694914E444.jpeg

On my spreadsheet, I have keyed in a vlookup formula which upon auto-syncing, the serial number scanned from the QR will generate the linked name to the S/N . 

So I have 2 issues here:

- to speed up efficiency, I wish to find a way where after the user click on the blue qr logo, instead of leading me to the form where he/she has to click on the small qr thing in the second pic, it instead auto opens the scanner, bypassing the page and leads me back to the third pic.

- in an instance that the attendee forgets to bring/save their qr on their phone for whatever reason, I wish to be able to do a manual check-in by clicking on the attendees name. If you notice in the tabs of the app, there are 2 sections, which will show 2 list of names and their attendance status and attendee note, I wish to find a way to have the user type in the search bar for the name, locate it and a simple click would check the person in. 

I appreciate the responses to my query in advance and apologise for the super long description!

0 1 91
1 REPLY 1

AFIK, the first wish is not achievable.

As for your second requirement, two options I can think of off the top of my head

1) you should be able to use dropdown's search capability if you have not looked at it and decided you do not like it

https://help.appsheet.com/en/collections/377967-ux#dropdowns-in-forms

2) you can show a users list and use the default search box at the top. Once the user is found, click on it and create an attendance record by an action. You can use a row selected event of the table view to fire the action.

Hope this will be helpful.

Other community members may have other suggestions.

Top Labels in this Space