Add Climate Calendar

Good night community! Again checking to see if anyone has tried something similar. I have created an app and I am giving a final twist to the UX part. It occurred to me that the home page could be a climate calendar type since the activities that the app takes into account are outdoors. Have any of you tried something that shows the weather forecast? Maybe pointing to some external web app or I don't know how it could be. I think of it as to give it more content since this calendar would be, in turn: -forecast -holiday calendar -schedule In this way, the user, when opening the app, shows the day of the date marked and some data that is useful. If this forecast was impossible, there are no problems, I'll leave my idea anyway! Greetings.

0 16 251
16 REPLIES 16

Hola Gus,

This is done with external API. I've done it outside AppSheet. With AppSheet you can use IFTTT or Zapier to get the data directly into your spreadsheet. Both services have their own ready-to-use weather applets. 

It happened again!

I miss Discourse so much

@SkrOYC I'm starting to see this as an added value ๐Ÿ™‚ there's much value in seeing each other's perspective. Was telling the same to @graham_howe earlier. 

BUT I DO MISS DISCOURSE ๐Ÿ˜ž

Nah, it's a bad thing no matter what ๐Ÿ˜‚

I mean, I can't be that positive about something that for me is clearly a bad thing, but I appreciate your POV!

@SkrOYC wrote:

Nah, it's a bad thing no matter what ๐Ÿ˜‚

I mean, I can't be that positive about something that for me is clearly a bad thing, but I appreciate your POV!

Yeah, it is just me trying to be positive since now Discourse is from the past.. 

Genial! Ya voy a ver de estudiar el tema, luego harรฉ una masa captura para mostrar cรณmo se verรญa asรญ le queda a alguien la vista. Muchas gracias Joseph 

You can do it, I have seen it on other's sample apps, although I don't have any examples here.

Now, if I'm the one with the need, I would use Make (aka Integromat) and to get the data from an API Service and put the info on my AppSheet backend (also via API) on a daily basis so that I always have the most updated info.

https://www.make.com/
API: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center
Enabling the API | AppSheet Help Center
Invoking the API | AppSheet Help Center

Genial Oscar, maรฑana entrarรฉ por la tarde a estudiar el tema te agradezco mucho el link! Hasta maรฑana

I agree on Make (Integromat), because its weather provider is OpenWeather. IFTTT and Zapier have others, but OpenWeather is just my personal preference. 

However, if I'm going to use AppSheet's API (requires Enterprise Plan), I wouldn't need IFTTT, nor Zapier, nor Integromat; I would connect directly to OpenWeather's own API. 

The idea to use an intermediate connector, is to avoid the need for API and write to the spreadsheet directly. 

@Joseph_Seddik wrote:

The idea to use an intermediate connector, is to avoid the need for API and write to the spreadsheet directly. 

Not really from my POV. I prefer full API on the whole chain, although I didn't know that Enterprise is required, what a shame! I only started to need more API integrations lately and I expected it to be available under Core. USD400/month for those features seems a little bit expensive, same with SQL support.

Anyway, as you said, we can integrate Make/Zappier with our own dataset for this case

I totally agree! API should be made available to Core at least. While some may decide to go Enterprise for SQL source, I doubt that anyone would assume this cost only to have API, especially with all the alternatives around. 

Also, I correct myself, you can have full API from Google Sheets and connect directly to OpenWeather. Connectors like Make, just make ๐Ÿ™‚ it easier for people when scripting an API is out of their reach. 

Esto serรญa muy bueno porque a mi (dura) manera de ver ahorrarรญas un paso. De todos modos, para mi capacidad creo estar momentรกneamente muy pretencioso, siendo que el clima puede checarse en internet facilmente por ahรญ puedo agregar otro valor agregado a la app, antes y, en el proceso, voy aprendiendo.

Para ti SEGURAMENTE sera factible ๐Ÿ™‚ y no solo ahorrarรกs un paso, sino tambiรฉn dinero, porque los connectors no son gratis. 

El plan gratuito de Make es bastante bueno:

SkrOYC_0-1648208107632.png

Vamos a probar y les cuento!

Seguramente me inclino por esto jejejeje Joseph!

Top Labels in this Space