Add a new row to a sliced form, but keeping that form without slicing

Hi.
I’m having trouble with adding new rows with the Add button to sliced forms.

I have a Deck view where I show a Slice. I created that slice so I can show only necessary information to the user (and some virtual columns), but when I press the Add button, the form is sliced too. I’d like the form to stay intact, like if it weren’t sliced. Is that possible?

Thank you very much for your help!

Solved Solved
0 4 828
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eduardo I don’t think you need to create a slice since you can manipulate what data is shown in UX settings for your view? Maybe I’m not understanding correctly but it seems like it can be done without a slice. That way your form will function the way you want it to

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes that’s possible but you need to create your own action with the deep link LINKTOFORM and then use that action as an event action.

Hi Aleksi

Thank you! in the Behavior page, I created a custom action and experimented with LINKTOFORM, and found that whenever I choose an option different from “open a form to add a new row to this table (not a row-level action)”, the floating action button disappears even if “Display overlay” is selected in the Display tab.

Maybe I was just trying to achieve what I wanted the wrong way because I wanted to keep the floating action button there.

I’m still learning to use Appsheet and I’ll experiment with LINKTOFORM. Thank you!

Hi Eduardo I don’t think you need to create a slice since you can manipulate what data is shown in UX settings for your view? Maybe I’m not understanding correctly but it seems like it can be done without a slice. That way your form will function the way you want it to

Hi Heino

Yes! that was what I was looking for! I could change what columns I wanted to show in the system views, that was the part I was missing. I could achieve what I wanted, but I wonder if that can be done with sliced views. Maybe I just chose the wrong way to do it.

Thank you again, have a nice day!

Top Labels in this Space