Add a new row to another table using values from this row

I would like to use the add a new row to another table using values from this row action to create a new row in a table. The action works but it doesnโ€™t create a new row like the name of the action suggests, it just overwrites an existing row (row 2) every time the action is triggered. Can someone please advise on how the action can look for the last row in the table and create a new row right after?

Solved Solved
0 11 2,699
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

3X_f_8_f815634f1385098d73c288de1a149fd1178fe72d.jpeg

As @Lynn and @Matt_Myers have hinted in the right direction, you seem to be setting the [Key] of the โ€œotherโ€ table (Onboarding Table) to the key of the โ€œDriver Onboardingโ€ table.

As such, it sounds that the added row is getting overwritten because the key is getting overwritten from the 'Driver Onboarding" table. You may wish to set a unique value in the action configuration for the key column of the โ€œOnboarding Tasksโ€ table such as
Key = UNIQUEID()

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Peter_S1
Are you adding Key column? Do you have a screen shot of your Action?

Yes, I added a key column. The key just gets replaced in row 2 with each new action trigger. Cant upload more than one image.

3X_f_8_f815634f1385098d73c288de1a149fd1178fe72d.jpeg

As @Lynn and @Matt_Myers have hinted in the right direction, you seem to be setting the [Key] of the โ€œotherโ€ table (Onboarding Table) to the key of the โ€œDriver Onboardingโ€ table.

As such, it sounds that the added row is getting overwritten because the key is getting overwritten from the 'Driver Onboarding" table. You may wish to set a unique value in the action configuration for the key column of the โ€œOnboarding Tasksโ€ table such as
Key = UNIQUEID()

Sorry I am confused. What is the last scren shot? I dont think you need a workflow, just the action. Someone else may be able to help.

I had the same exact thing happen and it was because my KEY value was NOT unique with each new insert. Are you sure youโ€™re passing a unique value in the [key] field each time?

Thank you, all. I have added the uniqueid() to the Onboarding tasks table but the issue is the same. With each addition the data in row two just gets overwritten. Does the key have to be in first column maybe? For both tables? Is that whatโ€™s causing the issue?

Was able to resolve. After adding the uniqueid() column I needed to also tick the checkbox for this column as Key. After that it started adding new rows. Thank you, all!

Well done!

@Peter_S1
Great.

Top Labels in this Space