Add an attachment in a row

Hi!

I'm trying to make an automation action that sends an email with an attachment and, here is the thing, that also includes the attachment made from the emailing task, that uses a google docs as a template, in a specific row from another table.

How can I do that?

0 5 120
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You want an attachment to itself include an attachment? What does that mean?

Hi Steve.

You can create a file (doc or pdf) from an automation process, right? I want that file to be included in table using an action ("and a new row to another table using values from this row")

That's going to be a problem.

When an action creates a file, the file is not created immediately: it may take a few seconds. The Automation continues, though, while the file is created. It's likely the Automation will even finish before the file is completed. The file's name is not saved to your data source until the file is fully generated. It's therefore probable that your Automation will not know the name of the generated file.

To work around this problem, you can add a Wait step to your Automation to give the file generation process a chance to complete.

Thanks for your answer.

After adding the waiting step, how do I include the file in the table?

Once the file name is written to the data source, it's a column value like any other, so you can use it in your Data: add a row to another table using values from this row action.

Top Labels in this Space