Add data to Google spreadsheet on top instead bottom?

Is it possible to add a new row within my AppSheet App  in a Google Spreadsheet on the top (second row of the sheet) instead on the botton (last row in the Google Sheet)?

Thank you for your answers

1 7 435
7 REPLIES 7

What's the goal?

I want to see the newest data on the top of the Google Spreadsheet.

Currently I run a Script when I open the google spreadsheet and sort the data by date (so the newest entrys are on the top). It would by also possible to run this script within AppSheet every time a user adds new data.

Another solution would by to create a filter on the spreadsheet an configure the filter to sort by date.

But the best solution would be when AppSheet add the newest entrys on the top of the Google Spreadsheet.

I believe I read that reordering the raw spreadsheet data is not advisable.  This is simillar to tables in DBs as records are never restructured for efficiency.  If the reason is for a user to see the sequence of the data in the spreadsheet then I suggest instead using Google Filter Views which is similar to creating a db view on a spreadsheet.  Does not impact the raw data.   

The question really as @diogolupcosta indicated: What's is the goal?  Why is it needed in the raw data to reorganize.  What is the Use Case for users going into the spreadsheet which defeats the purpose IMO of using Appsheet.  Once the community knows this, they can likely provide better alternatives.

I think you could add a new column for date and time. After that, you go to UX settings and sort by Date and Time descending. Problem solved.

That sorts only the displayed data within AooSheet but not in the Google Spreadsheet.

Hi, did you find solution?

I would also like to find a solution to this issue.  The most recent data being input at the top of the google sheet rather than the bottom.  The goal obviously being to view the most recent inputted data on the top of the sheet therefore requiring no scrolling to see the most recent data inputted.  Is there a way to do this?

Top Labels in this Space