Add new Row with to other table and update row via form

Hi i am wondering if there is a way to use the Behavior, " add new row from the data table selected" and upon clicking it can open a form with the transferred data, but can be reviewed before submission? 

for example: Item (Dataset) --> Entry Log Form--> Update (User) --> Save Entry Form

I need a way to update the user in between, this is the only manual entry that is required between the two. 

0 3 53
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope, but you could instead use an action of type App: go to another view in this app with a Target expression that uses LINKTOFORM().

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Hi Steve, 

So if it's a card UX and you had a behavior that was opening another view in an app? or would you want to keep it with the create a new row with cell values? , then you could have a condition that would link the information using the linktoform() condition? 

I understand how the Expression is useful, but I'm not sure how I would map it out in my scenario.

Thanks!

My thinking is you would configure the action I described, then attach it to one of the card view's action slots:

Steve_0-1656514017108.png

The action would have access to the column values of the row from which it's triggered, so you could copy whatever values you want into the new row.

LINKTOFORM() opens a form view to give values to a new row. The new row isn't saved until the user clicks Save within the form view.

I don't see any need to use an action of type Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row. That action immediately saves the new row without giving the user an opportunity to review and possibly change it first.

Top Labels in this Space