Add new form option on ref column (autopopulate related fields)

Hi there, 

Im barely new on appsheets, and im running into an issue with a specific form view that contains several parent options. On the screenshot below, I have "Client", "Location" (Sede), "Sub-Location 1" and "Sub-Location 2". To be clear, Client is Parent of Location, Location is parent of Sub-Location 1 and Sub-Location 1 is parent Sub-Location 2 (Client> Location>Sub-Location 1> Sub-Location 2)

That said, the stakeholders like to have the "add new" option into the field to add a new option adhoc, however the new form for the specific column should autopopulate based on the original form selection. Let's say, if I select a Client, then a Location (Sede), but the Sub-Location 1 doesn't exist, I would use the "add new" option to fill out the form to add a Sub-Location 1, but when I go into filling out the new form, Client and Location (Sede) are not autopopulated, so wondering if there is a turnaround about this, I have seen a couple of other issues similary to this one but with no resolution. Tried with an action and adding it in the form view but doesnt work, I cant edit somehow the "add new" adhoc option, so this is blocker since the users will need to re select the fields again and they don't want to. 

Abnersi_0-1705849902522.png

Abnersi_1-1705849919333.png

Abnersi_2-1705849936774.png

0 0 44
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space