Add related items to parent

I would like to be able to click on the card of a parent record which takes me to a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW with a list in a table of the children. Till here it is fine. But then I want to be able to click on the Add button in this view and add new items to the same parent.

StephenSaid_0-1697228681373.png

StephenSaid_1-1697228699687.png

Solved Solved
1 16 309
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. Could you try an action expression of 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Requests_Inline", [RequestHeaderID]=[_THISROW].[Row ID])

instead of your earlier shared expression

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

@StephenSaid wrote:

But then I want to be able to click on the Add button in this view and add new items to the same parent.

You may want to mention what issue you are facing while attempting to do so.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

When I click on the Add button the record gets created but it is not related to the parent item.

Okay, thank you. Could you share the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() action's expression?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
"Request items",
IN(
[Row ID],
[_THISROW].[Related Requests]
)
)

Thankyou

Thank you. What is the type of the view "Request Items". Is it a simple table view?

Could you mention what is the child table name? Is it "Items"? If so, do you have a sytem generated inline view called say "Items_Inline"? Also could you mention the name and key column of the parent table?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Thanks for helping me out.

StephenSaid_0-1697275066841.png

This is the ParenrtHeaders table

StephenSaid_1-1697275120135.png

This is the children table

StephenSaid_2-1697275135065.png

This is the Related Request Column in the RequestHeaders table

StephenSaid_3-1697275190448.png

This is the system generated table view for Requests_inline

StephenSaid_4-1697275287746.png

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Thank you once again for taking the time to look into this. I really appreciate it.

Thank you. Could you try an action expression of 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Requests_Inline", [RequestHeaderID]=[_THISROW].[Row ID])

instead of your earlier shared expression

I Update the action with the new expression.

The Request_Inline view opens with the correct filtered items, but when I press the New icon and create a new record, it saves without a parent.

The only time it works properly is when I click the Add text below the Related Transfers table preview.

StephenSaid_0-1697276102012.png

The navigation to "Requests_Inline" should open a table summary view, not sure why a details view of the parent  is showing up in your shared screenshot. Does the action not take it to an inline table view, something like below? 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1697276382091.png

Could you share the latest expression you are using and also screenshot along with the view name as I have shown? The view name shows at the bottom in the editor.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

I'm out at the moment. 

The expression does open a table view and lists the correct records. But when I add items from that view, the new records are not linked to a parent.

The screenshot I shared is to demonstrate the two different paths on the same screen.

Okay, when you return please share the screenshots as requested and also the screenshot of the form when you tap on add.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

I'm back.

So now when I click on the card, the Request Items action is triggered and the Request_Inline table opens.

StephenSaid_4-1697285789534.png

StephenSaid_1-1697285576908.png

Clicking on the add icon takes you to the Requests_form

StephenSaid_5-1697285799815.png

Adding new items on this forms attaches the children to the form as expected.

StephenSaid_6-1697285806842.png

Thank you

Thank you for the updates. Hope your issue is solved.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Please accept my apologies. I must have not saved the expression. Re visited everything and once I changed the expression it works as expected.

I'll check it properly once I'm at my station and update you.

Thanks for your help.

Sure, thank you. Please do update us.

Top Labels in this Space