Add related list to a new table

I have a 3 tables, Flight Info, Drones and Equipment List. Drone table has a Virtual Column of [Related Inventory] which is referenced to Equipment List. Now, Flight Info table has a column [Drone] and I would like to create an action that adds the list of [Related Inventory] of the [Drone] in Flight Info table to new table called Equipment Checklist along with the [ID ]of the Flight Info table so that it can be referenced back to Flight Info table.

I hope I was clear enough with the information given. I tried looking through the site for examples but can't seem to find anything similar. i created these 2 actions but nothing is happening.

The expression for [Item] column is ,

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Drone], "Equipment List", "Drone", "Item")

Action to run on flight info tableAction to run on flight info tableAction to add a new tableAction to add a new table

Solved Solved
1 5 277
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One way you can do this is by using this technique  -  https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/FAQ-add-row-per-value-in-EnumList/m-p/357133

• Control table is Flight Info
  • [Add Count] needs to be added to Flight Info
  • Target table is the Equipment Checklist
  • ENUM is the Related Inventory of the drone you create based on the drone in the row
    • I think you can create this list on the fly like ... FILTER("EQ LIST", [Drone] = [_THISROW].[Drone]) OR add it to Flight Info as a VC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

One way you can do this is by using this technique  -  https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/FAQ-add-row-per-value-in-EnumList/m-p/357133

• Control table is Flight Info
  • [Add Count] needs to be added to Flight Info
  • Target table is the Equipment Checklist
  • ENUM is the Related Inventory of the drone you create based on the drone in the row
    • I think you can create this list on the fly like ... FILTER("EQ LIST", [Drone] = [_THISROW].[Drone]) OR add it to Flight Info as a VC

Hi TeeSee1, thanks for taking your time to reply. I followed the technique and got very close. The items are being added to the list as wanted but the [Flight Info ID] which references back to the actual table, Flight Info is blank.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 163319.jpg

Ah actually that was a simple fix for just adding in another column in action 2. Perfect! Thanks so much for your help and to @Steve for this coming up with solution though I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole process. You guys are geniuses!

OOOoooo someone's making a flight tracker! Small moonwalker.gif

Haha it's more of a flight operations management app.๐Ÿ˜‰

Top Labels in this Space