Add row with values from parent and increasing 1 column

Hello,

I am trying to create entries in a table based upon the number defined in another table.  I have a master project table, I want there to be multiple work locations for each project, number starting at 1.  My Project WL(work location) Sheet has Project number and Project description as well as the WL number.  There will be a row for each location and a different number of WL based on each project.   I have a column to define how many WL need ot be created in the Master Project List table.

Simple solution - Click an action to create a new row in the WL table with the Project number and desc but finding the maximum number already existing for that project and increasing by one.  I can not get MAXROW to work for me here, this would basicly end up with clicking the action button 20 times for 20WL in a project which is fine if needed

Best Solution - Would like to enter the number of WL in a column of the project on Master Project List and have a grouped action or automation create the 20 or however many rows.

Ultimately this is so that each WL is its own entity and all data for that location of that project can be viewed edited (pics and other data), right now I have pics and activity data as a user entered data but its not related to WL only to the project.  This would be a good functionality upgrade, any thoughts or help for either solution is appreciated, thanks!

0 2 49
2 REPLIES 2

I'm interesting by it, because i have the same problem, and i used your first solution. In my case it's for receive parts from order but the number of same received part is usually just one, exceptionnally two or three.

I just think to this problem. Maybe make an action for project WL. when you click you create your sub project. Then a bot triggered by add in subproject, decrease your wl number (or a copy of this field, or formula to count if the count of sub project = WL ) and if not zero then create a second sub project.

I have no time to test it now, but I think it's could be ok. what do you think about it ?

Top Labels in this Space