Add value to multiple rows

Hello,

I have rows of bookings - sometimes a customer pays for multiple bookings at once so i would like to my users to select the multiple rows and have a button which:

1. sets the column [settlement] to โ€˜doneโ€™
  2. allows user to input payment reference which gets inserted to column [payment ref]

How can i do this?

thank you

0 7 503
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Hannes_Rohregger Check out Actions

Hi @Lynn,
Thanks Iโ€™m already using actions (for #1) but i donโ€™t see anywhere in the actions the ability to let the user input a value , which is then used in the rest of the action (for #2)

thanks anyhow

You may need to have a parent table and a child table here.
You can set up a Booking Order as parent table and Booking Details as child table.
So your customer can select multiple rows.

You will need to add a workflow rule as well, so when the whole booking is done, [settlement] column will be added โ€œdoneโ€.

Hi @Jin_Tan, okay with the workflow i can set the column as done (or also with the action as suggestion by @Lynn) but how would i enable user input and apply this across multiple orders?

thanks

Correct me if i were wrong. Base on the info i have, i think your user will need to input different order at the same time as you have different product/item. So this is the solution i always use.
Set up a parent table and a table for multiple orders(child table).

If you could elaborate more on the process of your system, then it would be easier to find a solution.

Hi @Jin_Tan,

The orders are like this:

Order No | Customer | Amount | Payment Received | Payment Ref
1| A | $100 | No | -
2| A | $200 | No | -
3| B | $50 | Yes | 123456789
4| A | $100 | No | -

If customer A pays $400 for their orders, I want my staff to be able to select rows 1,2,4 and click a button which converts the payment received column to Yes (easy to do with an Action button) and Also the staff will input a payment ref number 987654321 which will be inserted into the three rows as well.

so the final table will look like
1| A | $100 | Yes | 987654321
2| A | $200 | Yes | 987654321
3| B | $50 | Yes | 123456789
4| A | $100 | Yes | 987654321

hope thats clear!

Hi @Hannes_Rohregger,

If I may add, could you please explore if any of the following options helps you to set the payment reference number?

Option A ) In case the payment reference field is likely to follow a pattern of using existing fields in the table, then you may have the action " set the value of the column" to generate that payment reference by a concatenated expressions such as say CONCATENATE([Order No],"-",[Customer],"-",TODAY(),"-",USEREMAIL()) Here user email is the email of the staff that updates the payment reference

Option B) If the Payment reference is a specific value that needs to be entered by the staff every time, you may have a โ€œStaff Entry Parametersโ€ table from where you could pick up this payment ref value for the action " set the value of the column" after a staff enters it in a form based on Staff entry table.

Top Labels in this Space