Add values from usersettings() to virtual column

When values are set in user setting want those values to be filled in virtual column of table.

Solved Solved
0 9 421
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you want want to clarify your need.

UserSettings are values meant to be seen and set by the user on the device only.

You can move this value to a Virtual Column BUT VC's are seen and updated for everyone. 

So, if you implement the app such that a UserSettings value is set into a VC, the same thing will happen for ALL of the users of the app - meaning if you are not VERY careful with the expression, you might end up with a Virtual Column that is constantly changing across a spectrum of values as each user's device attempts to update the VC and later RE-UPDATE the value because it was changed by another user and no longer matches the UserSettings on a device.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I think you want want to clarify your need.

UserSettings are values meant to be seen and set by the user on the device only.

You can move this value to a Virtual Column BUT VC's are seen and updated for everyone. 

So, if you implement the app such that a UserSettings value is set into a VC, the same thing will happen for ALL of the users of the app - meaning if you are not VERY careful with the expression, you might end up with a Virtual Column that is constantly changing across a spectrum of values as each user's device attempts to update the VC and later RE-UPDATE the value because it was changed by another user and no longer matches the UserSettings on a device.

thanks for explaining the side effect of getting data from usersettings.

Will figure out another way to solve my problem.

Thanks 

If you explain your need, someone here can help identify a solution.  It may be that a VC is the way to go.  I was just commenting that the expression needs to be carefully implemented to prevent any circular updating from happening.

i want to sum sale quantity for each item in a table from sale ref table based on sale start day and end day selected in usersetting()

dont want to add sale start day and end in front of each row.

My understanding is that in the Item Summary table you want to include a column that displays a summed value for the item in the row sold between start date and end date specified in UserSettings. 

The expression would be similar to this:

SUM(SELECT(Sale Table[Sale], 
AND([Item Code] = [_THISROW].[Item Code],
[Date] >= USERSETTINGS("Sale Start Date"),
[Date] <= USERSETTINGS("Sale End Date")
)
)
)

You will need to change table and column names to match your app.  Syntax may need to be adjusted since this is not a tested expression. 

I have tried exactly the same expression but still it is not working.

It would be most helpful to yourself, if you could show us, as suggested by @Steve,  what you have tried, where you tried it and in what way is it still "not working"

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What have you tried, and what problems did you see?

Top Labels in this Space